Why become a member? ×

greghagger

It may come as a surprise to you that there is a formula that can help you to play great sounding walking bass, but there is!

Certain note choices just sound 'right' every time and the quicker you get to know those, the quicker you'll be able to play walking bass lines that work, sound great, and help support the band.

Walking bass lines can be utilised in many style of music, Blues and Jazz are the obvious ones but you'll also find walking bass in Ska, Reggae, and Pop for example.

In my latest YouTube video I show you this formula and how to pick the ‘best notes’ for your walking bass line. I use a simple Jazz progression but everything you learn in the lesson can be applied to any style of walking bass. 

This is a great starting point for improvising your own walking bass lines. Once you learn these walking basics you can develop them and start getting more creative with your note choices. 

There is a free downloadable PDF booklet in the video description. 

Enjoy!

• Like 5