Why become a member? ×

string brand

Hello
I have a squier jazz bass affinity 4 string bass with rotosund rb50 and they are magnificent. I have another bass, also a squier jazz bass, but with 5 strings. I would like to know what strings you advise me for this last one?
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English, I have helped myself from google translator.

On 18/07/2022 at 11:21, josemanuelant said:

Hello
I have a squier jazz bass affinity 4 string bass with rotosund rb50 and they are magnificent. I have another bass, also a squier jazz bass, but with 5 strings. I would like to know what strings you advise me for this last one?
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English, I have helped myself from google translator.

They don't appear to do a RB50-5 set so you have two choices if you want to keep with Rotosound Rotobass.

1) Accept the slightly thinner strings of the RB45-5 set (45/65/85/105/130)

2) Buy another RB50 set (50/70/90/110) then get a separate single .130 Rotobass string (which is thickest one they do in that string - should probably be a .135 to be "correct")

I'd probably just get the RB45-5 set rather than go to the trouble of getting a separate B string.  It's going to feel different anyway, it's on a completely different bass.

I don't really notice the .05 difference.  I usually play D'addario XL 45/65/85/105 but my G&Ls came with D'addario XL 45/60/85/100 and I thought it would bug me but I really didn't notice.