Why become a member? ×

2004 USA Fender Jaco Pastorius Artist Series Jazz Fretless - PRICE UPDATE - £1,000 - *SOLD*
£1250
Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Steve_M

Hi all

Price Update 11/06/23 - Reduced to £1000 - won't be going cheaper!

*Would consider trade + cash against a DB751

More of the herd goes to the cull because it's just not getting played!

This time, it's my 2004 USA Fender Artist Series Jaco Fretless. Bought from Andy Baxter when he was still in London but it needed a lot of love!

Replaced the pickups with std Lindy Fralins.

Replaced the tuners with Hipshot Lightweight Tuners because of the huge neck dive!

Had the fingerboard refinished and flattened by Martin Petersen at The Bass Gallery in London because it had a huge ramp at the body end of the neck (a std Fender trait!). At the same time I had Martin put MoP dots in the std position because the clay dots on the fret lines are impossible to see on a dark stage! Also had the bridge replaced with a hi-mass fender bridge. All set up by Martin.

In the interests of full disclosure, it could do with a new nut. A previous owner cut the nut very low so the G string is very close to the fingerboard at the nut end. Not a problem for me as I play with a light touch (hence not getting Martin to sort that too) but a heavier handed player might find it too low.

The bass had had the pick guard, the bridge cover and the pick-up cover fitted by a previous owner so the lacquer under the pick guard has the usual holes (can get pics if wanted).

However, the bridge cover no longer fits over the new hi-mass bridge.

Included are all the original parts (bridge & pickup cover, original Fender BBOT bridge, reverse tuners, pick-ups plus all screws) etc to return to original, should you want to. It comes with the original Fender G&G hard case and it even comes with original US made leather thin strap! 

Currently strung with Chromes flatwounds 45 - 100's with tons of life.

Weight is 4.2kg and it's really well balanced with the lightweight tuners on.

I'm asking £1,250 £1,000 for this bass, which I think is a bargain, all things considered! (a new one, if you can find one, is £2,549 list).

Cash on collection or PayPal is fine.

Not keen to use a delivery service as they're crap on the whole, but it looks like a fully insured estimated for this is around £90 (with DPD).

Only selling within the UK.

Not looking for any other trades*.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

Screenshot 2022-07-02 at 12.03.16.png

Screenshot 2022-07-02 at 12.04.44.png

IMG_3019.JPG

Edited by Steve_M
Payment terms offered
  • Like 9

• Steve_M changed the title to SOLD - 2004 USA Fender Jaco Pastorius Artist Series Jazz Fretless