Why become a member? ×

NPD - 'Horse' 10 band eq

stewblack

Being a fan of affordable pedals, I often take a punt on what looks too good to be true.

Disproving the lazy cliché 'you get what you pay for' has long been an obsession of mine and would you know it, I've gone and done it again.

With multiple applications the GEQ is a staple for many a bassist, whether thickening up a tone sucking drive, turning a run of the mill amp into a Trace Elliot, or just tweaking my overall sound to suit the idiosyncrasies of a room it's a great thing to have.

Things I might have been expected to find: cheap case with tacky finish, horrible addition of hiss, very little obvious alteration to my sound, noisy controls, flimsy controls and a bit too big of a pedal.

Instead it's silent, has all the key frequencies covered, the metal case is beautifully finished and the switch gives a satisfying clunk. The sliders are no more or less flimsy than any others and it's really compact.

Oh and this new pedal was 23 quid delivered!

IMG_20220530_142407.jpg

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 7