Why become a member? Ɨ

Barefaced two10 swap for Big Baby 2/Super compact - *WITHDRAWN*
Ā£500
Keighley

Love my Two10 but with my current setup I need something with a little more transparency rather than a more vintage tone.

Ā 

Long shot but looking to possibly trade for a Big Baby 2 or Super Compact if anyone has one and wants to trade? Obviously can discuss a little extra money either way depending on relative costs.

Ā 

It's the 4ohm version and hasn't seen much action as seen in the picture, if anyone's interested I can take some more pictures!

Ā 

Ā 

PXL_20220513_083127870.jpg

Edited by MrDinsdale

1 hour ago, patrikmarky said:

Love the schecter mate ..!

Cheers! It's great!

Ā 

Didn't come particularly well set up and had to file a little bump out of the topnut to stop some rattle but it's so nice to play now.

Ā 

The EMG BTS preamp is great, I've tweaked it so the treble acts as a kind of high mid/treble boost and it gives it a really aggressive tone.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 17:35, patrikmarky said:

My 2 schecters though one has been modified considerably..šŸ˜¬

6854EB3D-8145-49B8-9CDC-8DE3D79F5CA8.jpeg

Iā€™m sorry to derail this FS thread with bass lust but dayyyyuuuumm. Iā€™ve never been able to shake the feeling that a souped up slab body tele style 5 string in a funky colour was in my future and this has just confirmed it! The green (is it green?!) fella on the left is lovely!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Iā€™m sorry to derail this FS thread with bass lust but dayyyyuuuumm. Iā€™ve never been able to shake the feeling that a souped up slab body tele style 5 string in a funky colour was in my future and this has just confirmed it! The green (is it green?!) fella on the left is lovely!!

No worries! I can't recommend schecter enough if you like slim necks. You're getting a lot of bass for your money with them.

Hi Mate ..

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Yeah the one on the left is green ..itā€™s a bit of a cheat as the neck and electronics are from a schecter cv bass ..I couldnā€™t get on with the body shape so go a local guitar luthier to put a slab body togetherā€¦.for a passive bass the sound option is endless there ā€œjā€ bucker pups are amazing..only down side itā€™s a little on the heavy side ..

On 20/05/2022 at 13:19, MrDinsdale said:

Cheers! It's great!

Ā 

Didn't come particularly well set up and had to file a little bump out of the topnut to stop some rattle but it's so nice to play now.

Ā 

The EMG BTS preamp is great, I've tweaked it so the treble acts as a kind of high mid/treble boost and it gives it a really aggressive tone.

Howā€™d you tweak the treble mate ..I find it far aggressiveĀ 

1 hour ago, patrikmarky said:

Howā€™d you tweak the treble mate ..I find it far aggressiveĀ 

I think it's a feature of the active EMG BTS preamp, I had a similar on my other EMG setup but for sweeping mids

• 7 months later...

I just got a j4 as a backup and i love it! I'd actually go as far as to say i like it even more than the p4, especially for more aggressive stuff. I do think a big part of that is that the P has the active EMGs that just don't work as well for the current project.

Ā 

Incredible instruments though.

Ā 

57C491CB-27BC-4AAD-8111-0B404293D2F5.thumb.jpeg.61f9d4d92da16246e4ef57a519261769.jpeg

• MrDinsdale changed the title to Barefaced two10 swap for Big Baby 2/Super compact **WITHDRAWN**