Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Schnozzalee

[attachment=23710:P1000293.JPG][attachment=23708:P1000297.JPG][attachment=23709:P1000292.JPG]

Hi Basschatters,

Up for sale is a mint condition bass I recently traded with a fellow Basschatter - a U.S.A Charvel Star Bass (Blast from the Past). A brand most famous in the 80's with the likes of Eddie Van Halen, W.A.S.P and the Scorpions, plus other glam rock/ hair metal bands. Reason I'm selling is because I'm saving up for a high end amplifier.

This one is Ferrari Red with two Seymour Duncan Bassline P/J pickups. The body is Alder for a light weight and warm precision tone with plenty of clarity and the neck is smooth Eastern Hard Rock maple (no laquer, no satin VERY fast with low string action) with a rosewood fretboard adding to the warmth. Charvel are now distributed by Fender as opposed to Jackson; and have a similar build quality to fender. These are built like a tank and originally retailed at over a grand and are limited edition but are old, old stock explaining its price. Any style can be played on this it's very versatile (common theme in my collection :) ). The bass has a badass II bridge - never used one of these before but I will in the future! and gotoh machine heads.

The bass has a lovely comfy shape fitted hardshell case, plus a compartment for your allen keys/tuner etc (worth 70/80 quid on its own IMHO). The strings are d'addario. I'm looking for £375 on collection but will post at half the fee. If no interest soon I'm going to turn it into an exciting flashy project which I'll show you guys on the forum :rolleyes: . Any question/photos needed gimme a shout. I will part exchange towards something or bundle my basses/amps if i'm interested.

Cheers

Oli

Edited by Schnozzalee