Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Funk Face Tube Drive & Wah (with demos) - £135 posted to the UK - Boxed - Jamiroquai Valve Drive & Filter - *SOLD*
£135
London

admiralchew

I'm offering my Ashdown Funk Face, Stuart Zender's signature pedal, for £135 posted in the UK. The pedal is a tube drive pedal and a filter pedal all in one.

*now with demos to give both an idea of what the pedal sounds like (and what my poor playing sounds like)*

Demo 1 - Dry Bass (EBMM 18v 3 band EQ set flat, medium heavy gauge strings)

Demo 2 - Drive set at 10 on the dial

Demo 3 - Drive set at 12 on the dial

Demo 4 - Drive set at 2 on the dial

Demo 5 - Wah set at 9 on the dial

Demo 6 - Wah set at 12 on the dial

Demo 7 - Wah set at 3 on the dial

The pedal is worth it for the drive channel alone, with a nice overdrive and grit coming from the 12AX7 tube. A separate footswitch turns the autowah on and off and a switch on the side of the unit configures the autowah to run either pre- or post-drive. I've not really been using the filter side in all honesty, although I do like the grinding filter that can be cranked out of it on occasion. I see this more as a tube drive with added Jamiroquai goodness.

Piggybacking off of Ashdown's own sales blurb:

"Hand made in the UK Custom Shop the Ashdown Stuart Zender Funk Face is a dedicated bass twin dynamic filter pedal that’s fully qualified on producing those distinctive choppy “Virtual Insanity” type bass grooves.

The Funk Face’s simple 3-knob and 2-switch layout makes things simple for the bass player when those funky moments strike. 

The Funk Face’s ‘Sensitivity’ rotary control allows the player to shape the exact effects response, whilst the ‘Output’ knob allows you to decide just how much of it you want. Dependent on your playing style, attack and dynamics - by tweaking the Output and Sensitivity controls in unison - you can range from subtle filtering to a fully responsive “Funk Bass in your Face” Auto Wah.
"

This pedal is in very good condition and good working order and comes in its original box (with the box looking a bit more used than the pedal). I have also added high quality dual lock velcro which I can remove on request of the buyer (I have a decent supply of Goo Gone...).

The pedal is stated to run at 18V (on account of the tube) although the Ashdown website states that it is capable of running at 9v in limiting situations.

Please let me know if you want any (better) demos. I've been recording various overdrive demos recently and this one stacks up very well against the others (including fellow tube pedals the Shift Line Olympic (which is what has kicked this off my board) and the Sushi Box SBVT).

Front-4.jpg

Back-3.jpg

Box-3.jpg

Top-3.jpg

Bottom-3.jpg

Side.jpg

Edited by admiralchew
Sold
  • Like 2

• admiralchew changed the title to Ashdown Funk Face Tube Drive & Wah (with demos) - £135 posted to the UK - Boxed - Jamiroquai Valve Drive & Filter *SOLD*