Why become a member? ×

Hohner TWP600B Acoustic Bass Single Cutaway in Pumpkin Burst £100 - *SOLD*
£100
London

denki109

Hohner TWP600B.

Edit: It's sold. Gone to a new owner. And, perhaps, may one day may even deliver the bass-line to Anchored Down in Anchorage. 

It's a 34" Scale slice of Hohner goodness in a fetching shade of Pumpkin Burst.

These Hohner Basses were made from 1992-1996 and pack a lot of low-end oomph for your buck/dollar/pound/'add currency here' and size.

It features a built-in 3 band EQ and a plectrum-shaped sound hole to assist you in sculpting your very own sonic signature. Yes, I said sonic signature. Deal with it.

This very model was used by Michelle Shocked's bassist in the 1990s. Yes, Michelle 'Anchored Down in Anchorage' Shocked. She looked like a person who cared about the low end of her tracks. And so should you. #bemoremichelleshocked

The neck is straight. Fretwear is minimal. The only item worth mentioning is that one of the 'sleeves' on D String Machinehead is missing. Does this affect playability? No. Does it give off an image of 'yes, mate, this instrument has seen a bit of action'? Yes. And, in your hands, it may see even more action. There are musicians out there who crave relicing. If you see this missing sleeve as a reward of time, I will have given you an extra desirable feature by default. You should thank me for this. 

The electronics work as they should. It sounds like a bass. Which is quite remarkable, really. Well, it isn't remarkable at all because this IS a bass. But, alas, this IS the description section for this instrument and you ARE still reading this. Which means you may need to have a word with yourself.

Features the legendary CPA-200 preamp. The first preamp to be endorsed by accountants (CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant) in North America. Ok, this is a total and utter fabrication but the preamp IS genuinely flexible and you can adjust your aforementioned sonic signature on the fly (or any other insect of your choosing). 

To my eyes, this oozes a bit of Gretsch-cool. And, with its Teutonic lineage, it's hardly surprising. This particular model was designed in Germany and lovingly built in Korea. 

Comes with a gig bag (non-original) and my eternal love.

image0.jpeg

2186E3CB-6D31-47C9-85D8-80E78A8A02B6.jpegimage5.thumb.jpeg.7b9e9d7b2c64d635748e1e286d11a581.jpg.7c0bce36654bc102462e90c585b0d2cf.jpgimage3.thumb.jpeg.19dc46c427c309429ca871652d73df1c.jpg.86b9c8f27722abb8361a8529ccd38619.jpg

image5.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Edited by denki109
Added EQ photo
  • Like 2

Happy to have this bass collected in person. It resides in London (E1W)

Postage is also an option. It'll probably be around the £30 mark or so but I'm happy to let the future owner of this bass organise their courier of choice. 

Edited by denki109

• denki109 changed the title to Sold - Hohner TWP600B Acoustic Bass Single Cutaway in Pumpkin Burst £100 - Sold