Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Jazz 2015 - Olympic White - Reduced to £950
£1050
Henley-on-Thames

molan

The clearout of basses I really like but don't play enough continues. Unfortunately I have about 10 different Fender J's (plus some active J's from other builders) so I'm trying to cut back on them a little.

This is a particularly nice USA Jazz bass in one of my favourite colour combinations - a creamy Olympic White with a funky tort guard. It's unlike me to buy a modern 'regular' Fender but I just liked this one so much I had to have it!

I've found it quite hard to capture the colour of it under LED spots. I'd say the main body colour is a little bit creamier than it looks here whilst the tort guard is more red/orange (bit like an older 60's colour).

It's been played, but not very much, and is in fabulous condition apart from a small scuff and a little pin-prick type ding in the lower bout. No idea how that ding got there but it's not very noticeable unless you're specifically looking for it. See pic for an idea of the size. I can't see any other marks anywhere but there may be some if it's held up to a harsh light.

It plays really nicely with a fairly warm punchy tone. Certainly not as bright as some modern J's I've played. Neck is a classic J shape, rounded and smooth. I'd say it's more of a 60's profile than a super-slinky 70's type.

Overall it just does what it should, easy to play, decent tonal variation and all the usual modern USA Fender trimmings - good quality tuners, solid bridge with through-body string option, warm pickups, smooth operating pots etc.

Comes with a hard case & UK shipping included in the price. Can ship internationally at cost.

Not looking for any trades on this one.

IMG_1896.thumb.png.b0fb4e6f63e6094d58dcbbae69e54cfb.png  IMG_1899.thumb.png.aa5b68daf0e7630642a7ff7bbf7a001d.png

IMG_1897.thumb.png.73695f8f418ee1f947e2778381544eee.png

IMG_1898.thumb.png.2a4b500cb8d6e95a7bb8ab8485773516.png  IMG_1901.thumb.png.79d40e4a0900d614596043abb81dbac0.png

IMG_1900.thumb.png.3ef0ea695e728415a8f4aa9a61ca5a3c.png

IMG_1903.thumb.png.177ea6c9fd22b845fc322302139ac345.png

Edited by molan
  • Like 5

I’m afraid to own up that I can’t find the case to this bass!

I have a, rather frightening 35+ basses at the moment and I never use hard cases. I have one favourite gig bag that I use for everything and all the hard cases get buried in my loft 🤦‍♂️

Because of this, it’s possible I traded the case at some point. With this in mind, I’ll drop the price by £100 and include a decent quality aftermarket hard case instead. 

• molan changed the title to Fender USA Jazz 2015 - Olympic White - Reduced to £950