Why become a member? ×

L/H 2020 Musicman Sterling USA including spare musicman pickup - *SOLD*
£1450
TS23 3DJ Billingham

Graham A

Hi,

I'm looking at moving on my left handed Musicman Sterling 4H.

The bass was manufactured in November 2020, & I purchased the bass from Thomann's in January 2021. When I received the bass I discovered that the phantom coil had come away from the bottom of the pickup. I emailed Strings & Things & received a replacement pickup from EBMM a few weeks later. In the meantime I glued the original pickup which has remained intact, however the replacement pickup will be included in the sale.

The bass comes complete with it’s hard case, which hasn't left the house as i use a mono gig bag, & is fitted with dunlop strap locks ( will include the strap attachments ), although the original strap locks will be included.

Condition wise the bass is in VGC, although it has been gigged. It has a small indentation to the headstock & small marks on the upper part of the body. I’ve included photographs of these.

Weight wise it’s coming in at 4.1kg on a set of bathroom scales.

Only looking to sell in the UK, & collection preferable. I am also willing to meet up within a reasonable distance of the Middlesbrough / Teesside area.

Thanks for looking.

Specifications from Musicman site

Sterling

Model

Sterling

Size

12-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 43-7/8" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 111.4 cm long)

Body Wood

Select Hardwoods

Body Finish

High gloss polyester

Bridge

Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles

Scale Length

34" (86.4 cm)

Neck Radius

11" (27.9 cm)

Headstock Size

Only 7-5/8" (19.4 cm) long

Frets

22 - High profile, wide stainless steel

Neck Width

1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret

Neck Wood

Select roasted maple neck

Fingerboard

Maple or Rosewood

Neck Finish

Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend

Tuning Machines

Schaller BM, with tapered string posts

Truss Rod

Adjustable - no component or string removal

Neck Attachment

5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets

Electronic Shielding

Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover

Controls

Single Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass; Dual Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass

Switching

Single Pickup - 3-way lever pickup selector; Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector

Pickups

Standard - Music Man® humbucking with ceramic magnets and hum cancelling phantom coil; Optional - Dual Humbucking with ceramic magnets

image1.jpeg

image0(2).jpeg

image1(1).jpeg

image4(3).jpeg

image5(2).jpeg

image2(1).jpeg

image3(1).jpeg

image8.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image0(3).jpeg

Edited by Graham A
sold
  • Like 1

• Graham A changed the title to **Sold**L/H 2020 Musicman Sterling USA including spare musicman pickup