Why become a member? ×

SOLD :: DON GROSH J4 :: SOLD
£1590
Dortmund, Germany

null9er

After a long pondering I offer here my ultra rare Don Grosh Jazz Bass in the unique color "Ice Blue Metallic". Don Grosh is known in this country especially for his noble and super-resonant guitars in 7ender style. But every few years there is a "run" of 25 basses, which are then always sold directly.

For those who don't know Don Grosh: Don's basses are in a league with the big boutique Jazz Bass builders like Roger Sadowsky, Christian Celinder, Aleš Vychodil, Alleva Coppolo, etc.. This starts with the quality of the woods and goes through the high quality hardware (Lindy Fralin, Aguilar, Hipshot,...) to the absolutely flawless build quality. In my opinion, the 7ender custom store is nowhere near this level with their instruments. Here are the specs:

• Manufacturer: Don Grosh Guitars (Broomfield Colorado, USA)
  • Model: J4
  • Body Wood: Alder
  • Finish Type: Aged Satin Lacquer Finish
  • Finish Color: Ice Blue Metallic
  • Neck Wood: Maple, 864 mm / 34" / Longscale
  • Fretboard: Rosewood with 21 Frets
  • Nut Width: 41 mm (Saddle), 57 mm (12th fret)
  • Neck Dots: Aged Vintage
  • Bridge: Gotoh High Mass Bridge 201-B4 Chrome
  • Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite HB6C
  • Pickups: Lindy Fralin Custom Jazz Bass Pickups
  • Electronics: Aguilar OBP-2, 18V
  • Cockpit: Volume / Volume incl. Push-Pull Passive-Active / Treble / Bass
  • Price new: 3.590 EUR

The J4 is enormously resonant and already unplugged much louder than other basses. The body is a "modernized" and therefore very comfortable "smooth-J-Style". The neck is kept quite slim and allows for very low string positions - absolutely buzz-free. Sound-wise, I'm really bad at verbal descriptions. But I would say that the J4 delivers the typical J-sounds with an extra portion of definition, enormous dynamics and silky shine. Otherwise just have a look on the World-Wide-Web - there are a few reports. But I'm also happy to send tests and/or soundfiles on request.

The bass is absolutely unmodified and in excellent condition. The bass comes with the original case (see pictures).

The instrument can be shipped safely packed worldwide. The shipping costs as well as the transport insurance will be paid by the buyer.

By the way: Why am I selling such an instrument at all? This is the question I am asking myself right now. But I just can't warm up to Jazz basses and I'm more the Preci type. Therefore, please no trade offers, unless you have a noble P or PJ bass. I would also be interested in a bass with Lollar-TBs like DeGier or Mike Lull.

Now the usual terms: This is a private sale of a used product. Therefore I exclude any form of guarantees, warranties or redemptions.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

01_DGJ4_TItelbild.jpeg

02_DGJ4_Front.jpeg

03_DGJ4_Front2.jpeg

04_DGJ4_Front.jpeg

05_DGJ4_Back.jpeg

06_DGJ4_Back.jpeg

07_DGJ4_Back.jpeg

08_DGJ4_Neck.jpeg

09_DGJ4_Case.jpeg

Edited by null9er
Sold!
  • Like 15