Why become a member? ×

NCD: Ampeg SVT212AV

Guest BassAdder27

So this arrived today ( thank you Guitar Guitar ) and I was sort of apprehensive due to weight 

Well it’s heavier than my Ashdown Pro Neo cabs ( twice the weight ) but I can still lift it fine so that’s a relief. This is the 2x12 600w 4 ohm cab with horn and it needed to be good as it’s on its own with my amps only running down to 4ohms. What does it sound like ?

Its a ported cab and a very loud cab for sure, courtesy of the two Eminence 12” drivers. 
It’s low and full sounding but with a very clear mids sound and the horn adds a nice bit of treble. This is often said to sound like the 810 cabs without the size and weight, does it ? I don’t know but I did use a 610 Ampeg and it sounds similar.

Build quality is excellent and looks very smart too.

Only negative point is no Speakon connector only Jack but I can live with that minor detail.

So I’m back to rocking a single cab again ( albeit a slightly heavy but manageable weight ) and I’m liking this a lot. Also good price from GG which is actually less than two Ashdown ABM115H I was going for until delivery issues in U.K. made me re-think my plan. I can definitely recommend this cab if you are happy with the weight of around 30kg ( which I am ) 

3341A4DF-BD5C-4F93-A3A4-326CF7D2BF86.thumb.jpeg.60f52aaec5045e1d00896c66808af4e8.jpeg