Why become a member? ×

Nordy VJ5 - *SOLD*
£1600

fingerz

I'm regrettably putting my beautiful VJ5 up for sale.

These have a great reputation for build quality and playability, and this one is no exception. I'm a very discerning player especially with 5 strings, this one is even all over, possibly the fastest neck you'll play and super low action. When I acquired it it needed some fretwork sorting on the treble side, the string was choking slightly throughout the first 4 frets, I've just had the fretwork levelled re crowned, I also gather it had a new pot and service to the electronics before I got my hands on it. It's simply been played a lot (rightly so), and has had all the wear and tear put right and ready for years of more low end enjoyment! The only reason I'm selling is because I'm going through 5 strings at the moment, and have found something more in-line with where my ears are at right now, I had no intention of selling this but have just done a deal so this needs to go, ideally to a good home as it deserves to be played. I've had lots of great basses and this is one of them.

Nordstrand pups and pre swapped out for Aguilar sometime in its history. It sounds great in the mix. A great show/noisy environment bass as it's totally silent in any setting, it retains that jazz bass growl and fundamental in context, but has an almost dare I say, Ken Smith, quality about the tone too, in the top end.

I'm away from home until Thursday, I'll upload more pictures then, and will get my digital luggage scales out too.

Specs:

Body: Ash

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Maple

Scale length: 34.5"

Weight: TBC - it's very light, high 8/low 9's lbs

Pickups: Agular Super Double

Preamp: Aguilar OBP-3 18V

Controls: Vol. Pan. Bass. Mid. Treble. Active/Passive switch. Mid pot push/pull mid freq select.

Knobs: Turned maple 

Condition wise it's in great condition. Played but looked after! A couple of marks in the lacquer in the usual places, there's a piece of lacquer that is loose near the top strap button, easy enough to fix if you wanted to, but really not noticeable in practice. I'll add photos when I get back to it.

A great bass at a great price, AFAIK Carey doesn't build basses anymore, at least it's not something he pushes, and this is a good a bass as you could ask for. I always liked the subtle and classy looks of this one too.

Any questions at all please ask.

NO TRADES please, I need the sale as already swapped this out for something I want to try.

Thanks

B90B40D7-77F3-4C70-8B10-BAC22164CE8B.jpeg

Edited by fingerz
spelling
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Hiscox case this could be sold with, currently case-less, we can work something out if the buyer needed.

A shame things are slow, but understandably so. It's now listed on eBay too.

Happy New Year and thanks for looking

• fingerz changed the title to NOW SOLD. PLEASE REMOVE. THANK YOU. Nordy VJ5