Why become a member? ×

Signal splitters passive vs active?

Musicman666

I’m a bit foggy on this, I want to split my signal in the studio to two seperate effects pipelines. I’m looking at what’s out there and there are some quite reasonable options pricewise such as the ehx switchblade + or mxr m196 …but then you can go silly with an active radial. My question is if I go passive am I halving the output and reducing the quality of the signal?, I don’t really want to compromise on output and quality but on the other hand I don’t want to throw good money away on some high end gear that I don’t really need.

any suggestions guys thanks.

2 minutes ago, Musicman666 said:

I’m a bit foggy on this, I want to split my signal in the studio to two seperate effects pipelines. I’m looking at what’s out there and there are some quite reasonable options pricewise such as the ehx switchblade + or mxr m196 …but then you can go silly with an active radial. My question is if I go passive am I halving the output and reducing the quality of the signal?, I don’t really want to compromise on output and quality but on the other hand I don’t want to throw good money away on some high end gear that I don’t really need.

any suggestions guys thanks.

Maybe this one but price is starting to go up. https://www.thomann.de/gb/jhs_pedals_buffered_splitter.htm