Why become a member? ×

Dragonfire Pickups

A1955Harley

Anyone bought bass pickups from Dragonfire and had issues with them?
A while back I purchased a set of Jazz Bass Humbuckers. I put them on the shelf so I would have them for the bass I wanted to put them in. I recently put the bridge pickup in the bass and it has an issue with the coil that covers the D & G String being very weak. So weak when the tone is rolled back the strings have no sound. I contacted their customer service contact and they asked me for the invoice number. After giving it to them they told me the pickups were purchased a while back and there was nothing they could do. I was asking for technical support not money or a return. I needed to know how the pickups were made as they are not wired like a normal pickup where the wires exit one side of the pickup. One wire exits one side and another out the other side. A novice could install the pickup either way in a bass. Might it be an issue probably not providing they understand the other pickups configuration and how the pickup should be installed. They tell me they don’t have info on the pickups as they are older and the build on them changes constantly. The web site never changes so I am thinking they buy junk that has no standards of mfg. and no way to tell what is built. No matter how many times I ask them for help they just blow me off. I will never purchase from them again.