Why become a member? ×

Combo amp loss of volume

kristo

My Tecamp 112 combo has a problem. I turned it on today, and although there is power, there is no output. With the gain and master volume cranked there’s a very week signal. I’ve hoovered the jacks but that’s about as far as my technical abilities go. I have a gig next week so am a bit worried. Any advice would be appreciated. 

First try putting a jack cable between effects send and return - it's common for the switched jacks to play up when rarely used.

Then try plugging effects out into another amp - this will show if the preamp is working.

Also plug a line level signal into the effects return - this will show if the power amp is working.

Power down, isolate and do a thorough visual inspection - replug any connectors, look and smell for burnt components and swollen caps.

Thanks for the help. I’ve gone through the advice and it seems the power amp is ok, as a VT bass pedal into the effects return works. The effects out into another amp gives nothing. It seems to be the preamp.

I’ll get some compressed air and spray into the input jack incase there’s an issue there. If not I’ll need someone to take it apart I guess. 😬