Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Marvin_'s Autumn/Winter Effects Pedal Clearout featuring Zander Effects Avalanche & Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
£199
Maidstone, Kent

Marvin_

Not to be confused with Marvin.

I've decided (as I seem to about every three months) to completely rejig my pedal board, and I've decided to go with a MIDI enabled loop switcher.

Anyway, that's pushed me towards a rethink, so what follows are the pedals that didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Some are definitely bass suitable, some less so, but hopefully it'll be interesting (bit of a forlorn hope but there we are). For postage I prefer Royal Mail. All of these come in under the 2kg when pricing gets steep. I'm open to offers, combo deals and definitely open for meeting up or collection from Maidstone.

Here are the pedals (in roughly descending order of usefulness on bass, pictures at the bottom of the post):

1. Two Notes Le Bass Preamp, £145: SOLD @ £140

Great tube driven bass preamp from Two Notes. Two channels, A and B. A is a 'clean' channel with 2-band EQ, but the valve still gets involved with the 'gain' knob. B channel is a top notch bass distortion, with a three-band EQ, with parametric mids. Lastly the 'fusion' mode (accessed by pressing both footswitches simultaneously) is a blend of the two (controlled by the fusion knob and with two modes 'hot fusion' and 'cold fusion').

Rounding out the feature set are the built in switchable cab sim for the DI outs (headphones, DI output and TS output), an effects loop, MIDI in and through, and through connection (which bypasses the preamp for parallel effects). Power supply included.

2. Two Notes Captor 16 Reactive Load/Attenuator/DI, £125: SOLD @ £130

Great reactive loadbox for attenuating (-20dB/about 1/4 perceived volume) or silencing a tube/valve amp (up to 100W) for home use or silent recording. You can also go straight through (no attenuation) to just use its DI capabilities. It's got built in guitar and bass cab sims (which can be switched off) for the DI out, which can be phantom powered (48V). If it's 'just' attenuating or using the non-simulated output, no power is required (9V pedal power supplies can be used too).

This is the 16 ohm model - so specifically for use with 16 ohm amp outputs and 16 ohm speakers. Some mismatch is possible, Two-Notes have some details on their website.

3. ProCo RAT 2, £50: SOLD @ £50 

Legendary RAT 2. Such a versatile pedal, running from a slight dirt boost, making the most of the EQ filter (with gain down and volume maxed), through distortion (at ~30-50% distortion) into fuzz. Best demonstrated by the incredibly diverse list of guitarists who use them.

It's also a great bass pedal for a nasty distortion tone.

The filter control is the best part (which works in the opposite way to a typical tone control), which is a really powerful all in one EQ.

Little bit of a paint chip to the upper front edge.

4. Beetronics Overdrive/Fuzz (Possible Distortion), £195: SOLD @ £185
    Certainly tweakable for bass, but I used on guitar. Unique dual pedal from Beetronics. Each side is has an overdrive into a fuzz (Queen and King sides). There is a knob for each setting the blend of the two. The amount of overdrive is set with the 'Honey' knob. After that there's a master volume, wet/dry blend (great if you want a little edge to your clean signal for example) and a high/low EQ with 10dB of cut or boost.

The left footswitch selects the Queen/King side (with LED indication), the middle turns the 'Buzz' setting on, which is a boost for the fuzz circuit high frequencies (without increasing volume). It's subtle, and adds just a little more edge when you want it. The right switch is the master on/off switch.

I have it set up for classic rock levels of overdrive on Queen and fuzz on King, which can be made more aggressive with the 'Buzz' switch.

I suspect it'll work pretty well on bass, with the dry blend and fuzz-focus, but I have to admit I never really tried it...

5. Zander Effects Avalanche Crunch, Overdrive and Fuzz, £95: SOLD @ £70

Zander effects triple circuit. The rightmost is the 'Crunch' circuit, giving some nice breakup. The centre is the overdrive circuit, whilst the left is the fuzz. They are all independent and stackable, and there's a lot of tweaking potential, with three clipping diodes selectable for each of the crunch and drive circuits. The bright and fat switches alter the crunch and fuzz respectively.

Zander are a great UK-based pedal company, and this one was built in April 2020.

Little bit of paint chipping to the leading edge of the enclosure.

6. Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator Pedal, £85: SOLD @ £68

Acoustic simulator for electric guitars - great for those tracks with both acoustic and electric parts. Lots of adjustability to suit any pickup setup. It has a dual-output if needed (sends out to the desk/PA when switched on or through your amp when off), or just put it through your amp if it's relatively clean (which I think sounds the better of the two options).

Small paint chips from the leading edge of the footswitch plate as seems to be the norm with Boss pedals, but otherwise in good condition. It's a lovely colour too...

I'm not sure if I ever tried it seriously with bass, but I'm not sure that it would do a great job of that (wasn't that good for guitar to be honest, but it'll do a reasonable interpretation of the average acoustic line output).

Pictures are below:

1. SOLD
  2. SOLD
  3. SOLD
  4. SOLD
  5. SOLD
  6. SOLD

Edited by Marvin_
Sold everything elsewhere

• Marvin_ changed the title to SOLD: Marvin_'s Autumn/Winter Effects Pedal Clearout featuring Zander Effects Avalanche & Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic