Why become a member? ×

3 bolt Fender necks.

Mr Fudge

I have conviced myself that my marcus miller neck needs to go on a passive jazz body. There are a few 3 bolt bodies around that look like they would fit the bill. I have moved 4 bolt Fender necks around with no probs in the past. Obviously the neck has micro tilt system and Im wondering if the 75 or 72RI bodies match up perfectly. My gut instinct says yes, but I wondered if any fellow chatters could forsee any probs.

Does anyone know which Fender bodies match 3 bolt, is it just 72 and 75?

Does drilling it to 4 hole seem a better idea, or would you drill the body? My thinking is to keep everything original at the moment in case I want to sell in the future.

Thanks.

[quote name='clauster' post='449483' date='Mar 30 2009, 02:18 PM']Why not just remove the active electronics?[/quote]

I was hoping to sell the Marcus body at a later date and IMO my passive standard Jazz sounds much better than the marcus when it is passive. I'm just not getting along with active pups

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='449561' date='Mar 30 2009, 03:36 PM']I was hoping to sell the Marcus body at a later date and IMO my passive standard Jazz sounds much better than the marcus when it is passive. I'm just not getting along with active pups[/quote]

do the marcus miller basses use a different pickup to the standard passive jazz?

seems a lot of work to me...