Why become a member? ×

For sale - Warwick Thumb NT six string fretless ***SOLD***

rslaing

I am reluctantly selling my 6 string fretless Warwick NT Thumb due to financial pressure.

It is in decent condition (as you will see from the photographs when I upload them shortly) and it was born in 2003. Serial number C 098398 03. Plays like a dream, sounds like heaven. There is minimal buckle rash on the rear (down to previous owner) which if desired, can be sorted by my local luthier prior to purchase.

I bought it second hand 2 years ago. It really is a beautiful instrument and I am extremely reluctant to let it go.

The first sensible offer can have it. I haven't got a clue what the market is like presently for Warwicks, especially specialized exclusive instruments like these, so if anyone is interested, give me a sensible offer. I can't take any trades at the moment - I need the cash.

Photo's now attached, if anyone needs bigger ones please pm me, thanks

(P.S. I tried to get my wife to iron the sheet used as a backdrop, but you can probably guess what she said - hence the fluff and crumples. It's not a sexist thing, I just can't iron - and don't want to learn)

Edited by rslaing

[quote name='guyl' post='448466' date='Mar 29 2009, 01:15 AM']And a price that you have in mind?[/quote]

I don't have a set price in mind. I suppose the best reasonable offer will do.................

I will try and get some pics uploaded today, when I work out how to do it.

(Pics now uploaded.)

Edited by rslaing

Has anyone a suggestion of what would be a fair ask for this? In other words, if you owned it, how much would you hope to get for it?

I ask because on reflection, it would be unrealistic to try to "auction" the bass, and a firm price would be a better idea.

Thanks in advance for any (sensible?!) ideas.

If it was unlined i would have it, these usually go for around £1700 but being fretless it could be worth a bit more as you don't see many fretless nt6's (i think jeroen paul thesseling own's most of them) my one is an unlined fretless but it was modified by the gallery, they replaced the whole fingerboard as it was fretted originally,
I think that because of pickup placement,wood combination & the mec eq these sound awsome as a fretless bass :)

[quote name='littleal' post='448730' date='Mar 29 2009, 03:50 PM']If it was unlined i would have it, these usually go for around £1700 but being fretless it could be worth a bit more as you don't see many fretless nt6's (i think jeroen paul thesseling own's most of them) my one is an unlined fretless but it was modified by the gallery, they replaced the whole fingerboard as it was fretted originally,
I think that because of pickup placement,wood combination & the mec eq these sound awsome as a fretless bass :)[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I also wanted one unlined originally, but could only find a lined model. Not that it made any difference because you can't see the lines with a gut my size unless you are playing above 12th fret because the bass is about 1 foot in front of your sight line : )

The neck and action on this one is incredible, and it doesn't seem to matter which amplification you use with it, you can always get the sound you want.

Thanks again