Why become a member? ×

Xotic vs Darkglass

adamg67

A while ago, I bought an Xotic Bass RC Booster preamp from BC. A little while later I bought a Darkglass Vintage Ultra v2. Not related, except that out of all the things I've bought recently, these two pedals both developed faults. The LED went on the Xotic, and the blend control on the DG has gone bad.

I've contacted Darkglass a couple of times, once via their contact page and once the page one their site that supposedly lets you raise a support issue with them. I have a few of their pedals including a Hyper Luminal and a Harmonic Booster that I bbought new. I told them the Microtubes was out of warranty, but asked for help finding the right part to replace the blend control. I havn't heard anything back at all, no acknowledgement that they've received my message, nothing at all. It's just been ignored.

I contacted Xotic because I didn't know what part I needed to replace the LED. They replied literally within hours asking for a pic, I sent one, they got straight back to me with exactly what I needed to get. I pasted what they sent into ebay, and within a week I had a new LED soldered in and my pedal worked again.

Xotic 1 - Darkglass 0.

IMG_3282.jpeg.f6c7a3f12ede6bb26a67bfc399065419.jpeg

• Like 2