Why become a member? ×

For Sale, ashdown ABM 410H £SOLD

harryharold

I think its about time i downsized my rig to make it a little more portable and public transport friendly (this hasn't been gigged in about 4 months), also i've got a baby on the way and any space saved will be a bonus.

Basically the item i'm trading is an oldish ashdown ABM 410 in a little tatty condition, it's been gigged hard, by a fair few owners. It's all working correctly and sounds great though. I'm currently using it with my Mark Bass LM250 which really lets it sing, and this cab probably sounds the best out of all the cabs i've used it through. The only problem is i now live in south london and the rest of the band (and more importantly their cars) live in north london, so for gigs i'm now stuck with borrowing other bands cabs or DIing which is annoying when i have this wonderful sounding beast at home.

What i would like is something is a small cab, or two, that i can carry on the bus and tube but which can handle a fair few watts of power. Say 2 1x10's or a light 2x10. I tried a aguilar 1x12 back when i got my LM and it really struggled with anything loud and low so i think 2 speakers is a given.

I don't really want to sell it as that would leave me ampless but if there's someone desperate for a cab that can come to peckham to pick it up i would consider it for the right price (i don't want too much but enough to compensate being left without an amp), which makes me remember, i have no car so if anyone wants this they'll have to come and pick it up.

I'll try to get some pictures of it today.

EDIT, it's now definitely got to go, so for sale.

Edited by harryharold

• 1 month later...

Ok it's now for sale, i've managed to buy (pending etc) a lovely new little cab so this beast has to go.

It's as described above, and lifting it out of it's current hiding place i remembered how much i've enjoyed playing through it. I also realised again why it has to be sold as it took me ages to lift it out.

So here's some pictures, taken at the top of the stairs as that was the best light i could find in our small flat.

I'm asking for £140 as i'm trying to get together funds for the new one but i don't think i can really ask for any more in this condition.

But if you're a man like myself who doesn't really care for cosmetics and clean edges, this is a good deal for a reliable 314 square inches of speaker. loads of punch and bottom end. It sounded very fat when only pulling 120w from my little mark.

Oh yeh and important stuff it's 8ohm, rates at 600w, and has the serial 03681699, which someone may be able to decode

It's pick up only from peckham south london. no post, i've no car and it's too heavy to carry to the post office.