Why become a member? ×

Starting to use my little pink appendage a little more

JDM

Ya Know, since I joined this board at Xmas I've been really impressed with the help and advice given to me by you guys on the occasions that I've needed it since starting out on my Bass experience, your all an inspiration and it helps greatly as I continue with my initial tentative steps, thanks guys.

After the first 3 months and continuing finger excersises I have found that my little finger is getting a little more co operative as I practice and "dabble". On a couple of my practice pieces it is now becoming "second nature" without any real problem. When I first picked up my Bass at New Year any thought of little finger involvement would grind the whole process to a halt.

After many thoughts of "I'll never manage that" and "Bugger this" during Jan and Feb, I am delighted to say I'm chuffed and pleased with my small but positive step.

Did anyone else struggle similarly?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='441907' date='Mar 22 2009, 06:45 PM']When I first started, I was scared to use my little finger, as it was uncontrollable and uncomfortable but I'm glad I peresivered.
How do you use your plucking fingers, or do you use a plec?
Keep up the hard work...next step, "Music Theory" :rolleyes:[/quote]

I'm alternating between my first finger and index finger on my right hand and they've been a right pair of pluckers at times I can tell you :) .

I haven't given the idea of using a plectum any real thought as yet, no doubt preferences will transpire as I progress Steve.