Why become a member? ×

Slider switch on a fender bass mycro help!

bigmuff69

Just wondering if anyone can soldier a new slider switch on my old fender bass mycro 

ive had it years,and it’s been a fantastic little headphone amp,but the slider switch has fallen to bits,I can post it and I’ll pay for parts and labour,or any if one one can point me to someone in the Manchester area who could help

all the best

mark

5AB13D4E-5408-47CA-8495-B87147AB9B12.jpeg

CBD23185-50BC-4566-815F-99BF66158DD4.jpeg

21EC4A13-EF8D-4537-AD9E-5ECD7463C1E2.jpeg

24A19F50-A807-43F7-A813-D751019D468E.jpeg

C884B71F-3181-4494-A841-F49CEFB513B5.jpeg

Edited by bigmuff69

OK that's a side-operated two-pole 3-way slide switch with a long actuating lever. The first problem will be finding a replacement of the right size. Failing that, have you got all the bits from the existing switch?

I'm happy to do a bit of digging, but I make no promises - I'm based about 5 miles out from Altrincham.

David

Edited by Mottlefeeder
  • Like 1

I'm not a nerd, honestly, I just happened to be searching for components when I checked into Basschat for a break.

Digikey stock a switch which looks similar, but we need to check whether the pin spacing, etc, is the same. If your unit is USA designed thirty years ago, it may be imperial, and most components these days are metric.

ENG_CD_1825290_A3.pdf

The switch drawing in squares C6-C7 is the type you need (I think) so can you check the dimensions of your switch against this drawing. The pin-spacing-grid width and length is important, as are the locating lugs on the corners. The length of the operating lever might also be important if you want it to work.

David

• 3 weeks later...