Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVOII head

niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='439106' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:21 PM']Just acquired one of these and was wondering what rack cases other people are using for this head. I fancy something a bit shallower than the (Stagg) one it came in.[/quote]

i've got one and use a gator 4u shallow rack case also houses a rack tuner and wireless and it's fine, used to have a standard Gator 4U found it a bit cumbersome this is much better. If you wanted to have a try out i have a 3U shallow gator that has no front cover ( don't ask ) but you're welcome to it if it would give you some idea on size.

cheers steve

Edited by peety

Thanks for the offer Steve, I used to have my GK 1001RBII head in an SKB shallow rack case and it was much less cumbersome. There's also the issue of the rear mounted power switch on this amp, which is tricky to reach from the front of the amp.

I'll have to measure it tonight when I get home and do some research.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='439315' date='Mar 19 2009, 03:29 PM']Thanks for the offer Steve, I used to have my GK 1001RBII head in an SKB shallow rack case and it was much less cumbersome. There's also the issue of the rear mounted power switch on this amp, which is tricky to reach from the front of the amp.

I'll have to measure it tonight when I get home and do some research.[/quote]

no probs if it can be any use to you let me know i get over to preston a bit so would happily drop it off, know what you mean about the power switch was a nightmare with the standard but is not bad with the shallow one.