SOLD John East J Retro 01
£125
Chessington

Up for sale here is my John East J Retro. This thing sounds great and I'm only selling as I recently took this out of my Overwater and replaced it with a J Tone.

Please note, my overwater has a separate battery box so the battery terminal is separate from the drop-in preamp (see pics) this means that a small amount of basic wire stripping and soldering is necessary to install the battery - hence the bargain price. The battery cables and ground cable are labelled to make it obvious!

£125 posted in the UK.

Any questions do let me know.

Many thanks

Dan

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Edited by d_g

• 5 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kdubb24
      So, I hastily purchased this preamp online from Darren Riley's Guitar and Amp Shop as soon as it became available with the intention of replacing the stock Fender Preamp (with no passive tone control) in my 2013 Fender American Select Active Jazz Bass. Well to my disappointment, the control cavity route is too small to fit this preamp ☹

It wasn’t cheap! I paid 200 USD for it. The price was no object as these are currently hard to come by and a year and a half of COVID/telework has been good for the wallet but bad for my GAS!
      Doesn’t come with the battery, output jack or pickup connector assemblies, but it your handy with a soldering iron and have 3 & 4 pin module connector wires like from a Flexcore preamp laying around (like I do) they will fit and you can make it work as I planned to do. Also, Fender Gen 4 Noiseless J pickups come with the connectors attached if you want to go that route. I included a diagram to show wiring layout.

I have no problem holding on to this in hopes that maybe one day I’ll run across a bass the it will fit into. Just trying to recoup what I paid for it, as it is totally unused.

Trade option: If you have a Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass preamp laying around, you know the ones from 2010-2016 with A/P switch and passive tone control we can work out a trade deal of equal value.
      Why a Fender preamp you might ask? I own a bunch of other preamps (John East, Audere, Flexcore, Bart etc)…none of them do the “wide mid boost/cut” thing for me like a Fender preamp!  IMO 😉

£150 or 170€ +postage delivered

Specs
      Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

BASSLAB StepAbout First Version, two-channel preamp and routing matrix for bass, guitar and Chapman stick. It's in fact a twin Richter BassXX preamp. If you don't know Richter preamps, they are the most transparent preamps to date. It's also an excellent headphones preamp.

TRADES MAYBE, BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT IT'S A $775 USD PREAMP !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !
      NOW £170 GBP !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £170 GBP !!! (new price is 775 USD, if you can find one...)

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

Fully working and in well used condition.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

This preamp has been fully serviced and comes with a power supply (not supplied with even when bought new). It can also be battery powered, see photos.

Link to the BassLab StepAbout page, check the video to see all the possibilities : https://basslab.de/stepabout-elektronics/

Link to the Richter BassXX page : http://www.richter-ee.de/home.html

Link to the price list : http://www.stick.com/shop/prices/

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles and light to see the well used condition.

Here is the link to the 24 photos in high resolution, plus the user manual : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YAR73rCtLL2GxFhSln9dZnkkd9tEJawp?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
    • By golltoppr
      GK Plex preamp in great condition (lightly gigged).

Got this in 2018 and haven't used it enough.

Here is some info : https://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_plex_preamp.htm

My thoughts (if important): really great preamp, versatile, musical etc. The compression is useful. The drive is (to my ear) not the prettiest, but it's come in useful a couple of times. It's really useful to have the tuner.

If you need an EQ, preamp, or a box that does lots of things, the Plex is perfect. Just don't buy if you are looking for a stand alone compressor or drive. 

Shipping at buyers expense. Can meet within 50 miles of Bathgate, central Scotland. £50 discount if buying with BTC, ETH, DOT or ADA. Open to offers.
      Get in touch if you need any more info.
      Thanks!
      Angus

• By SumOne
      Edit: Sold

One Control Crimson Red preamp £85
      Mint condition, boxed, only about 2 months old. Collection from Whitton or postage at buyers cost.
      This is one of my favorite pedals - it adds a tone that's based on 60s/70s tube amp going into 15" or 18" speakers. Heavy low end stuff with a small amount of breakup if cranked up. I recently got tapewound strings and a Helix stomp though so am sorted for that type of tone for now.
      (I had one before and sold it in February only to miss it and buy this new one a couple of months later.... perhaps I should learn a lesson?! If my setup changes to brighter strings and no Helix I'll probably be keen to buy this back!)

• By Arnoldoc
      Up for sale is my white Nathan East 2 bass. Nathan is my main influence as a bass player and thought I would never sell. However, I've moved into jazz and p basses and it's not getting played much. It has been used and has a few bumps and nicks (more than reflected in the price), which don't affect playability at all. Has had a PLEK done recently and action can be adjusted very low if wanted without any buzz.  One of the most comfortable basses I've tried, 18mm string spacing and contoured body back. New list price is £4390 and best new price I've seen is £2900. No trades.
      Nathan East Signature Model

Nathan East has appeared on countless albums and has toured with some of the biggest names in modern music. Whether he's playing blues with Eric Clapton, pop with Phil Collins, or contemporary jazz with Fourplay, Nathan relies on his BBNE2 signature 5-string bass to deliver the tone he needs.

BBNE2 Pickups
      The stack type pickups are designed in collaboration with Nathan East. The Alnico V Humbucker pickups include a hum-canceling coil

Individual Bridge Pieces
      The bridge consists of individual bridge pieces that reduce interference from other string vibration delivering a purer tone.
      Controls
      1 : Pickup Balancer 2 : Master Volume 3 : Bass 4 : Middle 5 : Treble 6 : Mid Cut Frequency 7 : Mid Cut On-Off Switch

Active Electronics
      Active electronics include a special equalizer circuit based on Nathan East's “Magic Box". The circuit lets you cut off the selected mid frequency at the touch of a switch for precision sound tailoring.
      5-Piece Neck Through design
      The neck through design uses a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the maple on alder body.
      Contoured Body
      Both the front and back of the bass body are contoured to provide players with a compact, well fitting instrument that offers greater playing comfort
      Construction  Neck Through Scale Length  34" (863.6mm) Radius  19 11/16" (500mm) Frets  24 Pickups  Alnico V Stack Type x 2 Pickup Switch  N/A Controls  Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch Fingerboard  Ebony Body  Maple/Alder Neck  Maple/Premium Grade Mahogany 5 Piece Bridge  Yamaha BPZ-7