Why become a member? ×

ashton and selmer amps *WITHDRAWN*

ogri

Ashton is BA400, Selmer is'72 SV50..the former is my practice amp, but Quinny our guitarist bought the selmer off me a few weeks back and whilst it eats his orange alive, he cannot get the sound he wants without it being too loud for a backline guitar amp..he tried a "hot plate" at saturdays gig but it compressed the sound too much.

fantastic amp for bass, though its very much only if you like a certain sound(ricky or precision type of tone), and would make a brilliant studio or practice amp. is proper old school hardwired and totally original apart from being converted to take kettle plug power lead.
thats why there both up for sale, i really like the tone and also like the idea of an amp that goes up in value as it gets older as such have put my ashton up for sale as well and whichever goes first ill keep the other.
absolutely no issues with either amp

Ashton £120
Selmer £160

someone here enquired about the selmer when i first dug it out, have pm'd him today as he obviously has first dibs, though he may have got one by now.

Edited by ogri

zach sorry buddy no, im selling these and other stuff because raising the dosh to upgrade the pa, but thanks for asking mate..and everything you have heard is true..;-)

amps are in peterborough incidently..

[quote name='Jarhead' post='437464' date='Mar 17 2009, 04:21 PM']Could I do a part exchange with you for my Warwick Profet 3.2 on the Selmer? Have heard great things about them, would love to own one.

Zach[/quote]

[quote name='Yessikris' post='437514' date='Mar 17 2009, 04:48 PM']PM sent![/quote]
zach..fantastic avatar dude :-)
yessikris...replied :-)

why dont none of you selfish buggers want the ashton i want the selmer..;-)

[quote name='ogri' post='437541' date='Mar 17 2009, 04:59 PM']zach..fantastic avatar dude :-)
yessikris...replied :-)

why dont none of you selfish buggers want the ashton i want the selmer..;-)[/quote]
Haha, thanks. I saw it and just laughed my a$$ off. Not to sure about the Ashton, never heard much about those, but like you said, it's a practice amp, and I'm looking for something with real power and tonal quality, and from the little I have heard about Ashton, they aren't what I'm looking for.

Zach

[quote name='Jarhead' post='437698' date='Mar 17 2009, 07:21 PM']Haha, thanks. I saw it and just laughed my a$$ off. Not to sure about the Ashton, never heard much about those, but like you said, it's a practice amp, and I'm looking for something with real power and tonal quality, and from the little I have heard about Ashton, they aren't what I'm looking for.

Zach[/quote]
the ashton is suprisingly good, and was a steal when they first came out at under 200 squid, but now there over 300 in our local shop which is at bit too much really.

the bloke who initially wanted the selmer has had a change of circumstances so its bumpety bump..its a fantastic amp, it really is, i just wish i could afford to have my ampeg hardwired like the selmer, the difference between that and a circuitboard is immeasurable :)

[quote name='ogri' post='438662' date='Mar 18 2009, 08:58 PM']the ashton is suprisingly good, and was a steal when they first came out at under 200 squid, but now there over 300 in our local shop which is at bit too much really.

the bloke who initially wanted the selmer has had a change of circumstances so its bumpety bump..its a fantastic amp, it really is, i just wish i could afford to have my ampeg hardwired like the selmer, the difference between that and a circuitboard is immeasurable :)[/quote]
see what i mean? the one on the right is this one, the older of the two by one year, and its interesting to see how many components are different just in that time span..these amps really were well built and then some
the photo is high res so any tubeampheads on the forum can have a good ol forage.. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ogri' post='438670' date='Mar 18 2009, 09:05 PM']see what i mean? the one on the right is this one, the older of the two by one year, and its interesting to see how many components are different just in that time span..these amps really were well built and then some
the photo is high res so any tubeampheads on the forum can have a good ol forage.. :rolleyes:[/quote]
someone from here is trying the selmer out next sat, so its off sale until then, as is the ashton :)