imembrive

G&L L1000 made in 1981 *SOLD*
£995
Barcelona

Here is a G&L L1000 manufactured in 1981 in the USA from the time when Leo Fender was in the company.

The bass is almost 40 years old and has its wear marks, especially the most striking is the one that remains on the body near the neck from supporting the thumb there for years.

Finished in green nitro, the crackle of the nitro can be observed in some areas.

The adjustment and sound is perfect, without strange noises, the trus rod works perfectly and the strings can be adjusted with a very low action.

It has new d'Addario flatwound strings.

As a curiosity (and for collecting) it includes its original case, original allen key and even the warranty card and the 1982 invoice.

This is an amazing instrument bought here a month ago, but I'm a 5 string guy... I'm open to trades, but only 5 string basses.

121779164_10223937020030299_789003024873116378_n.jpg

121794162_10223937021510336_5491235598976390451_n.jpg

121801369_10223937020310306_6511204117266882735_n.jpg

121807939_10223937019630289_873954957181227620_n.jpg

121808424_10223937021110326_7834571307412319991_n.jpg

121809710_10223937020830319_2732630378958543868_n.jpg

121813710_10223937022110351_2424560639924283502_n.jpg

121824668_10223937022430359_6446701788118689982_n.jpg

122000997_10223937020510311_8548472401056966120_n.jpg

122013836_10223937021790343_968020705834786264_n.jpg

• Like 9

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      Naked HIPSHOT USA BT1 nickel  Bass Xtender or D-Tuner for Music Man and G&L basses or basses fitted with Schaller BM tuners.

For sale only.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £50 GBP !!! New price is £106 GBP by Thomann...

In fully working condition, but used and comes without the extra useless ferrule and screws (you can use the originals here as there is enough room).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Selling only because I have no further use of it.

Comes naked.

Here is the link to Hipshot : https://hipshotproducts.com/products/bt1-bass-xtender

And here the link to Thomann : https://www.thomann.de/gb/hipshot_h20100c.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition : used and naked.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By cetera
      Here we have an original run G&L L2000 Tribute in ‘Honey’ from early in their manufacture (2003-2005?) so it has the large ‘Tribute’ logo.
      These early basses were manufactured to a very high quality in Korea rather than the more recent Indonesian ones, and many believe these basses are closer in quality to their full US counterparts.

Pickups are the same as in the US version and it has the following controls: Volume, Treble & Bass knobs, Passive/Active/Active Treble boost switch, Pick up selector switch & Series/Parallel switch.
      The construction,finish and playability are excellent…. It is very comfortable and has a nice medium/low action. This bass is VERY gig-able with a fantastic range of tones and a playability that exceeds many more expensive instruments.
      As you can see from the photos, the bass is in good condition for its age with a few bumps/scratches and a larger surface ding on the front top arm chamfer edge.
      Sorry no trades. Cash on collection, Paypal (you pay fees) or Bank Transfer welcome. Collection from Woking/Guildford (Surrey) area or can meet within 25 miles for petrol…. or courier within UK at cost (approx. £50).
      Please check my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean honest transaction.

• By Oliver Morgan
      Now £900 for a fantastic 5 string bass! 
      -------------------
      Like new, G&L 5 string jazz bass made in the USA.  
      Body - swamp ash with clear blue finish 
      Neck - modern C5, hard-rock maple with rosewood fingerboard 
      Original hard case and all paperwork included

• By Max Normal
      This is an original run G&L L2500 Tribute from their first year of manufacture, 2003, so it has the large Tribute logo.
      These basses were manufactured in Korea rather then the more recent Indonesian ones, and many think that these have superior build quality to the newer ones. Not sure about the modern variety, but these also have the same pickups as the USA version.
      The fit, finish and playbility are excellent and the bass is constructed from very lightweight ash. It's amazingly lightweight for a fiver, and definately lighter than my Stingray 4.
      String spacing is 18mm.
      The bass has been upgraded with a John East Uni-pre which has a 3 band EQ with pickup blend, mid sweep and pull slap switch, so everything from thunderous rock to a modern tone is easily achievable.
      Currently set up with a nice low action and D'Adderio EXL 165 Nickels.
      The neck profile is a modern flat oval. Some people think these are chunky, but it's not thick, just wide shouldered. I find it very comfortable to play and cramp-free. A great bass to get into five string playing, and eminently giggable with a range of tones and playability that exceeds some much more expensive instruments.
      Condition
      As you can see from the photos, it is in good condition for its age and the cherryburst really shines when polished. It has a couple of minor scuffs as you'd expect.
      It has a shallow ding in the back of the neck lacquer that has not gone through. This would easily sand out (I usually have oiled necks) but I have left it lacquered for originality.
      A battery LED has been installed in place of the centre switch when the new preamp was installed. I have disconnected this to save battery life, but the wire is still there and it could easily been reconnected. During installation of the LED, a small crack has appeared in the lacquer (not the wood) next to the LED. This is in line with the wood grain so not really noticeable.
      Sorry no trades.
      Please feel free to check out my feedback.

• By Richard Jinman
      Up for sale is a G&L SB1 from the late 80s and its original hard case. If I sound a bit vague on the date it's because it seems quite hard to date these precisely. The serial number is B017393. The G&L registery dates a similar number to 1984, but Gareth (the BassChatter I bought this from) says late 80s and he clearly knows his stuff. I bought the bass earlier this year and I do love it, but my modest talent and budget don't support a multiple bass habit so I'd like to sell and replace it with a US jazz with a rosewood neck (if you fancy a trade please let me know). I simply feel more at home with a jazz neck and a jazz sound. When I bought the bass I gave it to a local tech here in Somerset for a full set up. He polished the frets etc and fitted it with Dunlop flats which it's still wearing. I paid £975 for it which, on reflection, might have been a bit punchy, but I'd fallen in love with it so what's a man to do? 
      You'll see from the pictures that it isn't in showroom condition as you might expect in a bass this age. It's got some good honest mojo from years of playing. There's a patch of buckle rash on the back, some dings on the edges of the body etc, but nothing that interferes with the gorgeous sound of the thing. The tech who set it up marvelled at how straight the neck was and it's the first instrument I've owned that made me understand what the term 'buttery' might mean. Something about it just feels right the moment you fret it. The electronics are simple - it has some rather cool radio knobs - but the sound (to my ears) is magnificent. The case looks like it has been through a few airports backwards - plenty of war wounds on the exterior, but the plush interior is in good condition. It's done its job in other words. 
      It's probably a superficial thing, but I also loved this bass because it doesn't have the rather weird (IMO) jagged headstock of the modern G&Ls. I guess that's down to individual taste, but it felt important to me. Anyway, someone will either be on the look out for one of these or they won't, so I'll leave it in the lap of the BassChat gods and if it doesn't sell or trade I'll go right back to loving her. Bass is in Babcary, Somerset and inspection is welcome of course. As it's in its flight case I'm happy to courier at buyer's risk (or we insure). Thanks for taking a look. 
      Been asked about weight. I only have access to bathroom scales, but using the Me plus bass minus Me approach it seems to weigh about 4kg. That's an approximate of course. It's certainly lighter than my BB1100s, but then most things are.