Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Alpha/Omega 900 issue

Grav

Hi guys,

Lurker here breaking silence to beg for assistance please!

Firstly, apologies if this should be in the repair forum.

I have owned my A/O amp since April, due to obvious reasons it has not seen use outside of my home and also due to a bike crash/damaged arm I have not been able to play much until recently.

The amp seemed fine until last week when out of nowhere I started getting a very unpleasant hum/buzz that comes and goes (as in on rare occasion I turn the amp on and there is no noise, if it makes the hum it stays till the amp is switched off) as well as the amp now makes a nasty pop when the distortion channel is engaged/dis-engaged or the amp is muted/un-muted, it did not do this before. My limited knowledge would suggest a grounding issue though that is strange that this would come out of nowhere. I also had what sounded like an Indian/Bollywood radio station playing through the cab briefly, this went and I have not noticed it since.

My previous amp set-up (Hartke LH1000 and HX112, same basses too) was silent at all times plugged into the same socket in the same position in the room.

I have tried different cables, cab, basses, rooms in the house, surge protectors, effect pedals/board (T-Rex power supply) plugged in and out. The sound always returns. The popping from the mute/distortion is every time.

Anyone heard of this from a DG amp before or have any ideas? Not had an answer from DG themselves or the shop I purchased from.

Any and all ideas are much appreciated.