cascanicoff

JCR Luthier Jazzbass 5 - 24 frets - Spanish handmade bass guitar
£1300
Bilbao - Spain

Posted (edited)

I recently aquired a bass through a trade. It is a very lovely bass, but regretably it has to go, I still have too many of them. So here you are: JCR Jazzbass 5, 24 frets, all at your disposal.

JCR (Jaume Catalá Redondo) is a Spanish luthier that is beginning to get his well deserved recognition among the best in the continent. You have already seen in Basschat a number of his gorgeous products, and they are very fantastic. Many of his basses have an obvious source of inspiration in Fodera, but this bass is diferent. We are talking of a jazzbass design with 24 frets. It reminds me a lot of such models as the Mayones Hadrien Feraud bass. I hope the colleague Mustafunk does not mind if I take his previous ad for this very bass, so that you can find all the details and some soundclips/videos (definitely much better than anything I could record myself 😔).

The price of this bass is 1400 euro. In that sense, the 1300 pound tag established in the ad is a maximum in case the pound rate goes down, but right now 1255 pounds will do the deal. The bass is in Bilbao - Spain, in very good condition except for some mini-scratches on the horns that barely appear in the pics. I would ship it in a hardcase, also in excellent condition.

And talking about pics, here they go:

IMG_20200822_184416.thumb.jpg.2dd5e3a48bff618c81934b63aecd8a46.jpg

IMG_20200822_184430.thumb.jpg.373d02244b3842f8d1f892b548361eb5.jpg

IMG_20200822_184454.thumb.jpg.5999d375bd204ed09b17c259c4178428.jpg

IMG_20200822_184538.thumb.jpg.0e5dbd4387eb265f24cb548c93604956.jpg

IMG_20200822_184652.thumb.jpg.a5bb25e253b9f659953399cd65c0c033.jpg

IMG_20200822_184848.thumb.jpg.fb5cdd9a7fb1e2d9f8dece00077f0f56.jpg

IMG_20200822_184737.thumb.jpg.14b76f9eea4876ce121ba80730f2933b.jpg

IMG_20200822_184810.thumb.jpg.f6745b7f9d4e92760b73415e8e823e5a.jpg

IMG_20200822_184928.thumb.jpg.5c9a81bc50fce621235fe99982c6d6dc.jpg

IMG_20200822_185106.thumb.jpg.34f40dfa36a73d858a7772aba724e23d.jpg

IMG_20200822_185124.thumb.jpg.e0adff87b94dff16bcda90a1a5637406.jpg

IMG_20200822_185020.thumb.jpg.fa522f7b41e50291267e187708d23270.jpg

More pics in this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZfScK2z69usT4t6j6

Specs are as follows:

TOP: Maple Flamed
BODY: American Alder
NECK: Hard Maple
Tension rod double action
PREAM: Preamp Glockenklang 3 b (active pasive tone)
PICKUPS: Delano MC 5 FE 1700 EB (quad coil) serie - single - paralell swich neck JMVC 5 FE
TUNERS: Hipshot
BRIDGE: ETS 18 space strings
Weight : 3.9kg
Scale 34
24 steel frets

Best, Gorka

Edited by cascanicoff
  • Like 1

The bass was practically sold, but in the end things didn't work out. So it's still in business and up for grabs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

• By Hellzero
      GLOCKENKLANG 3 bands 5 knobs onboard preamp with 5 tintul wood knobs. One of the best preamp ever with a true passive mode and passive tone control on the treble knob...

For sale only.

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £85 GBP !!! New price is £143.25 GBP by Thomann (with the knobs)...

In fully working condition and in close to new condition. Only fitted once in a bass now sold. Holes for soldering the pickups output are totally free of solder (as new).

Non-smoking environment as usual.

Selling only because I have no further use of it.

Comes complete (with original output jack and battery plug) in original box with mounting instructions.

Here is the link to Glockenklang website, search a bit for this preamp : https://www.glockenklang.de/en/products/products_bass.htm

And here the links to Thomann :
      https://www.thomann.de/gb/glockenklang_3band_electronic.htm
      https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_parts_dome_speed_rw_off_center.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures to see the real condition : close to new condition.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By alinbassplayer
      With a heavy heart i'm putting my 2001 Warwick SS1 5 string up for sale.
      When I got it 3 years ago it was in a dire situation in its original "finish", it was all scratched up and the previous owner just kept waxing without cleaning, so a lot of grime had built up, one of the original saddles was lost and had been replaced with a smaller one, and the jack plug only worked continuously in passive mode, active was interrupted.
      So i replaced the whole bridge, will provide the old one for parts, i think i still have the original knobs it came with but they were just a little more tarnished and had lost their shine.
      When i bought the bridge and measured everything I realized this is actually the broad neck version and not the normal one, i only had a rockbass to compare it to, and that's not a fair comparison.
      2 years ago i had it professionally refinished by one of the Crimson Guitars tutors. It is now in a lovely semi satin finish, and a nice red which i think actually enhances the flamed maple, we managed to cover and clean most of the scratches but some can still be seen.
      I have also installed recessed Dunlop straplocks but i can provide the original ones should anyone endeavour to install them back, i am not very skilled in woodwork and didn't want to screw it up.(get it?!)
      The preamp and pickups are original, preamp is 3 band active/passive and honestly the tone out of it is unbelievable.
      The neck is beautiful, a little on the thicc side, but feels very comfortable and compliments the looks and sound of the bass.
      Only selling as the addition of a new bass will basically mean this will not be used at all anymore.
      Original specs as per warwick serial no.
      G 085969-01 
      2001 Streamer Stage 1
      5 string
      Flamed maple AA body
      Flamed maple neck
      Natural oil finish(not any more)
      Gold hardware
      And i think the fretboard is Wenge but it's not mentioned on the specs.
      It has been my main war horse for the past 2 years so it has a few newer scars, all can be seen in the photos. I keep my action pretty high as i play in A tuning. It could do with a clean and maybe a setup. Strings are fairly recent D'Daddario nickels 135 and lower.
      Any questions let me know, not interested in trades, unless it's a 5 string fanned fret/headless/both. 
      Offers welcome as price is not fixed.
      I prefer collection only from Lewisham, London or around the South East London area.
      Will come with a Hiscox Liteflite HSC.
      Price drop: £1400 ONO

• By maciejho
      Hi! 😀
      I'm selling my Fender Jazz Bass Custom Shop Classic 5. In my opinion bass is in excellent visual and manual condition, it has really small scratches and chips that do not affect the appearance (on request I can take additional photos of small scratches). Electronics and hardware work flawlessly. The sparkle pick-guard is not original but fits perfectly. Dunlop straplocks installed. Certificate of authenticity and hard-case included.
      If anyone is interested, please feel free to ask or send me a private message. Regards
      Maciej

• By badastronaut
      For sale is this beautiful Human Base ROXY B5. The bass comes a with a good quality SKB case and is in absolute mint condition. The bass is about 1 year old and is perfect in every way,  but since I bought another bass with a low B it is just not getting used.
      Specs:
      Swamp Ash Body Maple neck Rosewood fingerboard 24 frets 34" scale Nut width 45 mm (17,5 / 19 mm spacing) Delano Xtender pickup Series/parallel switch active Glockenklang 3-Band Preamp Graphit nut wit ha zero-fret 3,9 kg
      The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe and secure shipping is not problem!

Asking price is 680 gbp incl. Shipping! trades could be possible!