Jellyfish

Squier MusicMaster 'Vista' Bass - £545 - NOW CONSIDERING TRADES!
£625
Birmingham, UK

Posted (edited)

Price Drop to £545! 

Hi all,

I've had a rare opportunity to consolidate some cash and buy something I've wanted for ages, so I'm putting this up for sale (even though I just bought it!).

Apparently, these were only made for a year during the late nineties but there is some good information here if you're interested. It's a great example with fairly minimal wear however there are some visible marks and nicks along the edge of the neck and the plastic on top of the pickup is curling away (which apparently is fairly common) but I don't mind it as it makes it easier to root my thumb to the pickup. :) Electronics all work fine and the truss rod turns without issue. Tuners are in great condition too.

Price is £545 and am happy for buyer to arrange courier, or it can be picked up from Birmingham. If couriered, it will be very well packaged. Payment by Bank Transfer or cash only please.

And now for the pics:

Skqz5hw.jpg&key=19fc536a2853dc013cc9af5a

ZF6igxE.jpg&key=8fdf9423639231e40b1aebca

pFMvMCq.jpg&key=656a9e87448b1f10c9719d1c

gYI7L7u.jpg&key=2047fa257fc6d008c7f83174

3gpx3GB.jpg&key=38d50e32d3ea0e1b4a6060e4

hlSmY1r.jpg&key=30a755b044295e04bd82132d

Edited by Jellyfish
  • Like 9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER The Duke Deluxe Trans Red, 1981, no Hondo Alien !!!

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £399 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the added strap button for better balance, one tuner and the two knobs) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : flamed maple (very hard to photograph)
      Neck : aluminium with flamed maple inserts and perfect neck joint
      Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact) with aluminium side and front dots
      Frets : 24 (slightly marked)
      Headstock : none as it's a headless
      Pickup : 1 original DiMarzio Twin Jazz
      Controls : volume, tone, 3 positions switch for parallel / split / series
      Tuners : 3 unbranded + 1 Gotoh
      Bridge : original Schaller 3D-4
      Strings spacing at bridge : 18.5 mm
      Nut : none with zero fret
      Strings spacing at nut : 11.5 mm
      Knobs : 2 non original metal dome
      Scale : 30.5 inches
      Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium
      Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put
      Finish : high gloss trans red
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : B1577
      Year : 1981
      Weight : 3.665 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer hard case in bad condition and a RockBag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario Nickel Round Wound EXL220 strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95).

This bass, despite its age, is still very modern sounding. There is no skid pad on this one and it seems that there's never been one.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the fantastic condition for an almost 40 years old bass (only very small blemishes at the rear of the neck and some dings and scratches, plus a relocated at the front strap button leaving a small hole) ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ODMfzU3efWttew2JpAbaNZv2hTHZMom1?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Zargorius
      Squier Vintage Modified P-Bass with luthier made 5 string neck in Wenge and Maple with Ebony fretboard.   The bridge was moved back to make the scale length to 35 inch scale.   Pickups upgraded to Delano PMVC 6 FE/M2 and pots changed (original pots included).   Hipshot Kickass bridge and Hipshot tuners.   Set of D'Addario Flatwounds installed a few weeks ago (ECB81-5SL)   Set of Roundwounds included (about 6 months of use).   Body refinished in Sherwood Green and in excellent condition with only a slight 2cm blemish (see pic).   Due to different pickups the pickguard doesn't cover the recesses fully, will need a custom pickguard if you want to fix it (didn't really bother me).   All work done by previous owner, had the bass since May and it plays great, no issues, selling as I prefer a 4 string and want something lighter / thinner.   Quite unique bass for those who want that Precision sound and an extra 5th string.   Test and pickup encouraged, will ship to UK for another £25 - I will include a budget gig bag with it. International shipping possible, please enquire.   Any questions or pic requests welcome.  

• By thanku
      Body : Alder
      Neck : 1 piece Maple neck (JB Style)
      Fingerboard : Rosewood
      Pickups : Fender Pure Vintage'63 (PB), Hot Rod J-5D (Jazz)
      Controls : Volume, Volume, Tone
      Bridge : Vintage
      Color : Vintage White
      Weight : 4 kg

Rare JV, from the Contemporary series from Squier. Great built like always with the JV era ! Great bass, with low action, punchy and warm sound. Frets are in good condition, neck is straight. PB pickup have been upgraded with a Fender Pure Vintage'63 (same pickup on the American Original 63 PB) which gives better medium range. Strings are brand new. 

• By nige1968
      It's a neck, tuning machines and string tree from a 2020 Squier Classic Vibe 70s Precision Bass. Which I reckon is about 50% of the bass itself. (I have the pickups, bridge, neckplate and pots somewhere if anyone's interested, for a few dollars more).
      It's a maple neck in vintage tint with maple board and black blocks/binding. Includes the original tuners and string tree. All 100% stock. The only mark on it is where some of the varnish on the truss-hole chipped when the rod was turned. See here:

The whole thing is finished in the spirit of the poo-brown flare-clad Capri-driving 1970s. It has been barely used and frets are all in perfect nick.Truss turns and works properly.
      It's a slim, shallow neck for a P-bass, and fitted the body it arrived with perfectly snugly. C profile, 'crafted' by a CNC operator in Indonesia.
      Collection from Hove, or UK postage at cost (choose your preferred courier).
      More pics: