onehappybunny

Gallien Krueger MB800, footswitch & bag *£300* price drop
£350
Guildford

Posted (edited)

Great amp in excellent condition for only £300. Incredibly powerful, rich and punchy sound that is in total contrast to its size and weight.  Works really well with my TKS cabs (also for sale separately) for a powerful, lightweight rig. 

Mainly used for rehearsals and practice at home (the footswitch is still in its bag unused!).  

Discussed extensively here: 

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/gallien-krueger-mb800.758227/

Any questions please ask. Collection from near Guildford preferred, but can post if needed.   

Thanks

Stu

20200726_114116.jpg

20200726_114016.jpg

20200726_113947.jpg

20200726_114124.jpg

20200726_114136.jpg

20200726_114144.jpg

20200726_114155.jpg

Edited by onehappybunny

Great amp / great price! One of the few lightweight amps I get on with, and power to spare for most situations. GLWTS.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jon Thorne
      AER Amp One for sale
      Excellent condition. Extremely well cared for. Fully serviced in May. Powerful lightweight amp. Unbelievable for its size. Comes with AER softcase. Highly regarded light and portable amp.
      Details
      Lightweight Bass Amp Huge Low-End Sonic Performance Compact 10'' Woofer 200W Power Output Built-In Compression The AER Amp One Bass Combo is a lightweight, portable bass amp solution. 200 watts of power output offers unparalleled SPL with superb distortion handling from the compact 10'' woofer. Built in compression provides an easy-to-dial way of maintaining signal integrity and consistency, while the proportion of bass frequencies is managed to give a professional, clean sound even when distorted.   I’m on the Isle Of Wight. Can meet in Southampton or arrange a courier for delivery.
      All the best

• By sirmuppet
      Hi there
      Have decided to sell me Bass amp and go for something smaller. It truly is the best bass head I've used but I don't play nearly as much as I did when I got it and not the size of venues either. The clean channel is superb. Gives you a nice clean tone, you can go from fat to sharp and anywhere in between. You can also pull on the treble and bass knobs and they pop out. This allows you to switch the frequency of the knob and get a different sound. Go over to the drive channel and things get interesting. This channel is active past the midway of the Treble, middle and bass knobs (There's a little indent you feel when turning them to let you know when you hit the active part). This means you can boost them past the natural register and get a bunch more tones. You also have the push/pull knobs on the treble and bass like channel 1. There's also a mid frequency knob to allow you to tailor exactly what frequency you want to alter. There's a gain for the amount of overdrive you want which can get crazy if you go to 10. With the gain knob there's a blend where you can balance how much of the clean signal gets mixed with the overdriven one so you don't lose any low end if you worry about that. Personally having the blend at 10 I think is the best and I think it sounds great in the mix. The cab is punchy with lots of bass and treble on tap for when you want it.
      I've had it serviced just before lockdown and also put in a full re-valve. So this amp has had a full set (Preamp and power valves) of JJ's. It sounds amazing and fresh! It's had maybe a couple of hours use since then. The head comes with both a "Hot Covers" padded cover for the head and a "Matt Snowball" flight case while the can has a Hot covers padded cover. You'll see the flight case is sprayed and has a tour plaque from "Bombay Bicycle Club". This was because I bought the head and case from them. Ed and the guys were selling some gear when they went on hiatus a couple of years ago to do solo and side projects. There's also a Boss pedal included for switching channels. 
      This head really does it all. The output ohm of the head can be switched so if you have an 8, 4 or 2 ohm cab you can just switch the head to match and get the full output. There's a cracking DI where you can go pre or post with it and in has it's own volume control. There's an output for a tuner and an effects loop. The best bit is this amp is self biasing. This means every time you turn it on it checks the 6 output valves to make sure they're working. If there's any issues it will show you and tell you which valve is at fault. You can also set the bias on the fly so inbetween songs you could just decide to run the head hotter getting a breakup at a lower volume or earlier. Just press the up or down button on the bias control and it's done. The self bias also means if a valve fails it will compensate and run at a lower volume so you can get through the gig. Just pop the volume up to match what it was and you can carry on. You can change the valves yourself without having to take it to a tech to bias. So if you have spares at a gig, just change them there and then!
      The head is in great condition. It's been well looked after by me and by Bombay Bicycle Club. I've owned the cab from new and that is also in fantastic condition. No rips or nick in either of them.
      Pics are of the actual head and cab for sale. There's ones from when I originally was going to sell just the head but I've taken more today with the cab. I'll try and get better ones. 
      Here's the spec from Fender:
      One of the most powerful and versatile bass amps Fender has ever created, the Super Bassman is a stadium-level 300-watt tube head designed for the biggest shows and the largest stages, with enormous Fender bass sound and sparkling vintage Fender looks. Perfect for stage and studio alike, its dual-channel design uses modern technology to maximize classic technology, with classic Fender late-'60s/early-'70s "blackface" styling and a wealth of innovative features on the front and rear panels.
      Features include a tube preamp (two 12AX7s) and power amp (one 12AX7, one 12AT7, six 6550s); Vintage channel that delivers the full, warm sound of a classic Fender passive tone stack; Overdrive channel that delivers the aggressive and responsive sound of a modern active tone stack (choose between channels with included footswitch); rear-panel Fender Automatic Bias system that constantly monitors and re-biases tubes for perfect performance and alerts you when service is required; Speaker Output switch that can be set to "Mute" to turn speaker off and record silently using preamp tone from the XLR output; Impedance switch (8, 4 or 2 ohms) and master volume control with push/pull mute.
      FENDER SUPER BASSMAN HEAD FEATURES:
      Model Name: Super Bassman®
      Series: Bassman® PRO
      Amplifier Type: Tube
      -Electronics:
      Effects Loop: PreAmp Out / Power Amp In
      Inputs: Two
      Line Out: XLR (Pre/Post) w/ Level and Ground Lift
      Speaker Jack: Yes
      Channels: 2 - Vintage, Overdrive (footswitchable)
      Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
      Controls: Vintage - VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); Overdrive - GAIN, BLEND, VOL, BASS (pull DEEP), MID FREQ, MID LVL, TREBLE (pull BRIGHT); MASTER (pull MUTE)
      -Hardware:
      Hardware Finish: Nickel Corners (Notched)
      Cabinet Material: Plywood
      Pilot Light Jewel: Yes
      Handle: Spring Loaded Handles
      Front Panel: Metal, Painted
      Frequency Response: 820k (INPUT 1), 136k (INPUT 2), 43k (PWR AMP IN)
      Output Impedance: 220 ohm (PREAMP OUT)
      Sensitivity: 12mVrms (INPUT 1), 1Vrms (PWR AMP IN) @ 100Hz
      Signal To Noise Ratio: 95dB (Power amp), 46dB (Preamp)
      Amplifier Depth: 13.5" (34.3 cm)
      Amplifier Width: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
      Amplifier Height: 10" (25.4 cm)
      Amplifier Weight: 65 lbs. (29.48 kg)
      -Speakers:
      Impedance: Selectable 8, 4, or 2 Ohms
      -Tubes:
      Pre Amp Tubes: 2x12AX7; 1x12AX7 1x12AT7 (Power Amp)
      Power Tubes: 6 X 6550
      -Miscellaneous:
      Unique Features: Speaker Output 'Mute' for silent recording and Fender Automatic Bias for output tube monitoring/adjustment
      -Accessories:
      Knobs: Black (w/ Chrome Insert), w/ 1-10, Set Screw

Fender's Bassman 410 Neo cabinet delivers the full, tight and punchy bass sound you'd expect from a 4x10" enclosure, and does it with sparkling vintage Fender looks and a remarkably lightweight design.
      Features include four 10" Eminence® U.S.A. neodymium-magnet speakers, compression driver horn with attenuator, lightweight plywood enclosure with classic late-'60s/early-'70s Fender "blackface" styling and Speakon connectors, removable casters and spring-loaded heavy-duty handles for easier transport. Rated at 1,000 watts program (500 watts continuous) at 8 ohms.
      FENDER BASSMAN 410 NEO CABINET FEATURES:
      Model Name: Bassman® 410 Neo
      Series: Bassman® PRO
      -Electronics:
      Inputs: Two 1/4" and One Speakon
      Power Handling: 1000 watts (Program), 500 watts (Continuous) Handling Capability
      Horn Tweeter: Compression Driver Horn Tweeter with 8 oz. Magnet
      Controls: High Frequency Horn Attenuation
      -Hardware:
      Hardware Finish: Nickel Plated Steel Corners
      Cabinet Material: Lightweight Plywood
      Handle: Side-Mounted Steel Flip Handles
      Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 15 kHz
      Amplifier Depth: 16.25" (41.3 cm)
      Amplifier Width: 26" (66 cm)
      Amplifier Height: 24.5" (62.2 cm)
      Amplifier Weight: Under 55 lbs.
      -Speakers:
      Speaker: (4) Fender® Special Design Eminence® Neodymium 10" speakers and a compression driver horn
      Impedance: 8 Ohms
      -Accessories:
      Casters: Removable 2" Diameter Swivel Casters
      Knobs: Black Plastic

An questions, just ask. I am looking for cash but if you have something to trade you can get in touch. £1650 OVO. Collection only, I'm in Dundee but could travel a little to meet somewhere.
      Thanks, G.
    • By basskit_case
      Recently acquired BR800 multi-track recorder in excellent condition, using it as a headphone amp as it has effects and drums onboard.  
      It also acts as a computer interface so can get access to the effects I have on my DAW too and this is part of the reason for me selling it, I predominantly use the Line6 effects I have in garageband so will be looking to downgrade to a basic audio interface.
      The unit comes with original packaging and manual and power cable and usb cable.
      Postage will be fully insured and cost £10.
      BOSS continues its top-selling tradition of portable, affordable multi-trackers with the new BR-800 — a battery-powered studio to go. The sleek new design is made possible by touch-sensor switches and SD-card recording media. Up to four tracks can be recorded simultaneously with eight tracks of simultaneous playback plus an additional stereo track dedicated to the built-in rhythm generator. The BR-800’s powerful onboard effects processor includes GT-10/10B effects, VE-20 vocal effects and harmonies, and COSM-based acoustic-guitar body modeling. EZ Recording feature interactively guides through the recording process. A stereo microphone is also built into the BR-800 for instant “Song Sketch” recording. No matter where you roam, you’ll never miss a moment of musical inspiration with the BR-800.
      The BR800 Features:
      4-track simultaneous recording, 8-track simultaneous playback plus dedicated stereo rhythm track playback
      EZ Recording interactively guides through the recording process
      Powerful guitar, bass, and vocal effects derived from BOSS’s flagship processors
      Song Sketch recording for quick stereo capture in WAV format
      Built-in advanced drum machine with editor software
      Functions as a USB audio interface and DAW control surface
      Built-in stereo condenser microphone for instant recording
      Sleek new interface based on touch sensors
      SD included (supports up to 32GB SDHC card)
      Runs on six AA batteries/USB bus power/AC adaptor (included)

• By BrunoBass
      Surplus to requirements is my Genz Benz ShuttleMax 6.0. It’s been well looked after and is in very good condition. 
        FEATURES • Dual Channels -- FET and Tube Preamps 
        • Switchable or Blendable Preamps  • Input Mute Circuit 
      • High and Low Gain Switch per Channel 
      • Active 4 Band EQ with Dual Parametric Mids 
      • High Current Class D Amplifier Design 
      • Adjustable 3 Band Signal Shape Circuits 
      • Limiter Circuit 
      • LED Status Indicators
      • Speakon® Speaker Outputs 
      • Internal Fan Cooling 
      • Full XLR Direct Output Interface 
      • Aux. Input 
      • Headphone Jack 
      • Three Effects Loops 
      (FET Ch; Tube Ch; Master) 
      • 115/230 Volt Switchable 
      • 5 Position Footswitch Included
      Power Output  - 600W/4 ohm x 12
      Preamp Type - FET/TUBE
      Weight Lbs. - 6.75
      Dimensions HxWxD - 3 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 13" 
      It comes with the original foot switch and a non original padded carry case. Any questions drop me a line. 
      I’m happy to meet up within a reasonable distance, or I’m happy to pack securely if you want to arrange a courier to collect.
      Thanks for looking.

• By foxyFuze
      PHOTOS ADDED
      Hi all,
      My Bassman 100T is now my main amp and this is too good to have just as a backup. 
      Bought this year and includes footswitch plus original packaging. Polar seem to be the only UK stockists and this is £832 including delivery, so this is a chance to get one at a decent discount.
      It's in excellent condition, with only light home use and one band rehearsal. 
      4 band EQ with voicing and contour controls make this a really versatile piece of kit. The tube overdrive is pretty special too.
      I'll consider trades with appropriate cash adjustment for jazz basses (4 string, passive, 60s spacing) or a cheaper amp for backup use.
      Trials in Bristol most welcome and can discuss shipping.
      Review is here: https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/30090-Gallien-Krueger-Fusion-800S-bass-amp-head-review