Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Microtubes 900 preamp out

danpb

I have a microtubes 900 V2 head, when my band meets for rehearsals at our local place some rooms have a head and cab for bass so I can use my own head, but other rooms have a peavey combo which I can't get on with and can't get my regular tone without the DG head adding some drive. The same for a few support shows we've played with shared backline where the headliner has brought a combo.

If I'm confronted with this, what's stopping me from taking the FX send from my head into the return of the other amp, effectively using my preamp into their power amp? 

I regularly use my head for silent practice just using headphones or the DI with no cab so there's no issue with there not being a load on the darkglass power amp.

Can anyone confirm this is ok to do? I'm also assuming the send and return of my amp is post preamp and microtubes? 

Yes you are correct it's fine to do that. I asked Darkglass the same question.  Interestingly on the V1 it is labelled Preamp out/Poweramp In but Darkglass changed it as so many people asked if it could be used as an effects loop. And yes it's post EQ and microtubes but pre Master.

13 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Yes you are correct it's fine to do that. I asked Darkglass the same question.  Interestingly on the V1 it is labelled Preamp out/Poweramp In but Darkglass changed it as so many people asked if it could be used as an effects loop. And yes it's post EQ and microtubes but pre Master.

Thanks for confirming! 

I figured there wouldn't be an issue but it's an expensive amp to break if there was some strange way their loop worked or something.