Why become a member? ×

SOLD Price drop £650 FS/FT 1972 Fender Musicmaster bass refinished, refretted and neck refin
£700
Wellingborough, Northants

BigJim

Part of my Corona Virus-no work for months and have equipment I need to sell is:

My refinished (by the previous owner) 1972 Musicmaster bass.

So when I got this, it was in a sorry state with the previous person was a punk and had refinished it, he hasn't done a bad job but is a teal/turquoise sparkle! The frets were virtually flat, he's varnished the neck which was coming off under the nail and he had routed out and put in a p bass pickup.

So I refretted it, had the neck refinished at Crimson Guitars with a flash coat, routed out all the nasty chizel marks so it was all smooth and put a Seymour Duncan SPBC-3 in it (1/4 pounder) The previous person had put 2 2-position switches in place so when I made the new pickguard and included the switches incase someone wanted to put another p pickup in it.

This bass plays, feels and sounds AMAZING!!! Coming and trying it is 100% advised before you buy it, you won't walk away empty handed! Also comes with Schaller style strap locks.

Pictures don't do this bass justice!

Original bits:

Body,

Neck,

Tuners,

Bridge,

Nut.

BigJim

Edited by BigJim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mgauction said:

Very pretty color. Did you mix it or its it a brand? 

The previous owner did it. He’s unfortunately passed away now and I bought this off his brother 

• MB1 locked this topic