Why become a member? ×

Free Massey RTAS plugins

99ster

Just came across this - [url="http://www.smassey.com/plugin.html"]Free Massey RTAS plugins[/url] - the 'talkback' plugin is very useful if you work entirely 'in the box' (i.e. don't have a big desk with an talkback button!)...

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='428481' date='Mar 8 2009, 11:38 AM']I use the mono-stereo all the time and the mid/side encoder is a pretty nifty little plug in for surgical alterations.

Great plugs. Also, check out some of the pay for plugs. They are pretty cheap and stand up against lots of the big boys (waves etc).

G[/quote]

Have you got any of his commercial RTAS plugs? Would be very interested in a review!
Thanks.

I have the L2007 limiter and have dabbled with all the rest.

But, any review I will give is redundant in that they are all available for FREE usable download. Some little features are disabled but they function fully.

Try them, for what they cost no one in their right mind could possibly be dissapointed.

The L2007 is a cracking limiter with lots of nice features but and sound very transparant for mastering applications.

Go, you owe it to yourself.

:)

G

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='431678' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:06 PM']I have the L2007 limiter and have dabbled with all the rest.

But, any review I will give is redundant in that they are all available for FREE usable download. Some little features are disabled but they function fully.

Try them, for what they cost no one in their right mind could possibly be dissapointed.

The L2007 is a cracking limiter with lots of nice features but and sound very transparant for mastering applications.

G[/quote]

Great - thanks for that....! I'll go fill my boots! :rolleyes:
I don't do any mastering myself (booked in at Metropolis for a session with Frank Arkwright at the end of the month) - but I'll have a good tinker with them anyway - especially the de-esser (working with a very troubles-s-s-s-s-s-s-ome singer at the moment!).

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='431678' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:06 PM']I have the L2007 limiter and have dabbled with all the rest.

G[/quote]

Ooooh - just had a good play with all the free Massey plugings - they're b****y great!
:rolleyes:

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='434028' date='Mar 13 2009, 06:43 PM']Yeap.

Tape head saturation is prob my favorite. Try it on a bass thats a little to lumpy to pop out of a mix.

Garry[/quote]

Yeah - the tape head is very sweet.
And I've actually ending up buying the compressor (VERY nice on vocals), eq & de-esser - & the free bonus drum > midi plugin (yep - it really does turns an acoustic drum track into MIDI notes) he gives you is very cool.

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='434028' date='Mar 13 2009, 06:43 PM']Tape head saturation is prob my favorite. Try it on a bass thats a little to lumpy to pop out of a mix.[/quote]

Just had to buy that one as well - instant monster bass sound...!