Why become a member? ×

Status 'Headless' strings

Mr.T

[quote name='Mr.T' post='428479' date='Mar 8 2009, 11:37 AM']Re-strung the Status last night.... so incredibly simple!

I agree that a headless bass might look 'wrong' or 'odd' to some people, but....
How can we define what is actually right and wrong?[/quote]

Easy

Those who think headless basses look wrong..........

........are wrong :) :rolleyes: :D

[quote name='wrinkleygit' post='428887' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:35 PM']Check out stringsdirect .co.uk for good choice of dball strings,free postage & generally next day delivery,I've used elites & status hot wires,little to choose between them,mike b[/quote]

Amen to that , brother.

Used them for a couple of years. Good prices,good range,no added postage and when they say next day delivery , they mean it.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry to bring this old thread back up to the top again, but I have a little question about my own Status 2000. Not directly about strings, though:
Is it possible to intonate this bass? And if it is - where do I then adjust it? To me it looks like, I can only adjust the height of the strings at the "bridge", but especially the tone on 24th fret is a bit flat compared to the flashiolet.

[quote name='Stefan' post='1073196' date='Dec 30 2010, 09:53 PM']I'm sorry to bring this old thread back up to the top again, but I have a little question about my own Status 2000. Not directly about strings, though:
Is it possible to intonate this bass? And if it is - where do I then adjust it? To me it looks like, I can only adjust the height of the strings at the "bridge", but especially the tone on 24th fret is a bit flat compared to the flashiolet.[/quote]

It's definitely possible to adjust the intonation although I'm not sure the exact details for your bass, mine are all headed! There's probably a small allen screw locking the saddles in position somewhere that needs loosening, make your adjustment and then tighten again.

If you don't get a definitive answer here you could try the [url="http://www.statii.com/"]http://www.statii.com/[/url] site.