Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II

Randy_Marsh

Sorry to thread hi-jack...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARIA-PRO-II-AVANTE-6-STRING-FRETTED-BASS-STEVE-BAILEY_W0QQitemZ170420169059QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item27add56963#ht_1057wt_948"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARIA-PRO-II-AVANTE-6...3#ht_1057wt_948[/url]

I don't know a huge amount about the Aria range... I have seen pictures of the Steve Bailey custom ones before, and was sure that the Aria text on the head stock was vertical, written under the strings, with his signature under it, rather than horizontal and small like it is.

I know it's minor, but wondered if maybe this is a regualr Avante model rather than the signature (is there such a thing). Lookin at price it seems a bit high for a bass that retailled around that price new... But I love the look of it.

Shep

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 4 weeks later...

HI,
Need some help please guys.. I did have an SB1000JT which my wife kindy imported from Japan for me as it wasnt offered in the UK a couple of years back... unfortunately about 6 months after having it, suffered an acident and snapped the head off.
So, contacted all the local dealers for another ( and claim on the insurance ) wasnt available so i had either a SB100RI or CB to be honest i cant remember but looks wise identical to the JT.

Anyway, cant find the serial number on it anywhere but if it was on a sticker i would have peeled it off when cleaning.

I need help on :

1. Setting the bridge - the action seems way to high - there is no info on these bridges :)

2. The switch, on my JT it only lit up when you flicked it to down, on this one its on all the time.. weird - if theres a cable in it,

3. the rotary control on the JT used to change the tone dramaically, not much on this one..

All help greatly received.

THanks.

Mark.