Why become a member? ×

Yamaha active eq buzz

Hey!
After messing with the ashdown eq (added more mids + trebble) I started noticing, that my bass (yamaha rbx-375 was giving LOTS of feedback/static buzz @ 50% of output power (Input at 3 o'clock). I tried to see what the problem was. Sources deducted from posibilities:
*Efect loop - disconected, still lots of buzz
*Cables - switched them up - same deal
*EQ setting - switched back to flat, nothing
*Amp - tried it with my headphones via Zoom B2 - *buzzzzzzzz*
*Clothes have a static charge from moving - sorry, left my Adidas athletic wear in the dumpster.
*Cell phone, rings, belt buckle, genital piercings, PC, other gadgets - none present - amp/bass in a seperate empty room, where no possible interfierance can be found
So that leaves me with my bass being the problem. I guess It's either my humbuckers (passive), or the active 2-way eq. I tried turning down the "tone/brightnes" knob half way, I noticed something. The buzz is gone. But I noticed also, that when I touched the knob when it was full way up, the buzz stoped. That means, that when that knob is earthed via my body, the buzz stops. I know the issue has to do with the potentiometer giving off some current, therefore cousing the buzz, whenever it tries to ground itself. What should I do?
Cheers,
Fek.

Sorry, but the first thing you have to do whenever tracing an active EQ problem is to try replacing the battery.

A dying battery can cause all sorts of problems so you have to rule this out first before trying anything else.