Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Trace Elliot 715 combo GP7 series 6...My Baby!!!

Hoppo75

Just can't bring myself to get rid of this wonderful bit of Trace history. Thanks for the comments and interest folks.

Hi Folks,

The time has come for me to part company with my wonderful 1x15, 100w combo of nigh on 17 years. My Dad bought it for me way back in the early 90's and it has been gigged in a very successful Country band and also a rock covers band (an extremely versatile Combo). Main reason for its purchase was a picture of an almost identical 70's precision to the one I have being in the Trace Elliot brochure, leaning up against this very combo.....nuff said. It has never been abused and I'd say it was in mint condition, but for a couple of Tea cup rings on the top of it (rock and roll!!!). It still has the orginal vinyl cover (black with green trim), and I really can't praise this thing enough - wonderful piece of kit.

[attachment=20703:P1030954.JPG][attachment=20702:P1030953.JPG][attachment=20704:P1030958.JPG]

What I'm really looking for is a trade + a bit of cash (from me) for a head unit, and I do have some specific requirements. I need to have a a head that is flexible enough to cope with a nice warm country ballad, but allow me to Funk and Rock it up when I need it (may seem like a P***take, but the 715 has given me that for as long as I've had it). It ideally needs to be a near enough match for my cab (Hartke Pro 2x12, 300w into 4 ohms), so something along the lines of a Hartke HA3500 or Trace AH250/300/350, ideally GP12SMX, but whatever it is, it must be pre Gibbo. I'd be up for a GK 400RB/MB150E and obviously would love a Genz Shuttle 3.0. I also love the Mark Gooday/Trace Elliot/Ashdown link, and being a country player predominantly (think Michael Rhodes'esq in terms of sound requirements). Ashdown does appeal to me, but would be more interested in a little giant 350 than a MAG300.

In terms of a straight sale, I know that these have gone for as much as £200, but I'm not daft, so offers around the £165 would prise it out of my hands (and there will be tears, so I apologise in advance), and before I get pounded with '£165 for that....you must be kidding' type responses, anyone who's played through one will know that it is worth it...and more.

Thanks folks.

BTW, I'm up in Northumberland

Edited by Hoppo75

ive got an ashdown MAG300 head up for grabs - 300w into 4ohm, its in excellent nick and never been pushed hard at gigs, i use it witha marshall 4x10. just bought the new little giant1000 so this is up for grabs as surplus now! looking for £150 if interested?

[quote name='josh3184' post='416466' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:52 AM']wow, a hartke 2200? Those are great! The person who you got it off must be a really cool guy![/quote]

Super cool, super smashing great guy....Can't quite remember his name though.....Jish or something.

[quote name='pal1972' post='416463' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:38 AM']ive got an ashdown MAG300 head up for grabs - 300w into 4ohm, its in excellent nick and never been pushed hard at gigs, i use it witha marshall 4x10. just bought the new little giant1000 so this is up for grabs as surplus now! looking for £150 if interested?[/quote]

Thanks for that mate. Will need to see how things pan out. Not wanting to be rude, but I think I'd prefer the Little giant rather than the MAG300, but as I say, let me see how things pan out.

[quote name='Hoppo75' post='416543' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:21 AM']Thanks for that mate. Will need to see how things pan out. Not wanting to be rude, but I think I'd prefer the Little giant rather than the MAG300, but as I say, let me see how things pan out.[/quote]

Don't want to put a damper on or anything but i bought the LG350 and was disappointed! I found that with my mag300 i had the input volume on half and the output volume on half, but twith the LG350 i found i had to have the input volume on full and the output volume on just over three quaters to get the same volume out of my cab! so i returned it and bought the LG1000 which is much louder!!!!

[quote name='pal1972' post='416961' date='Feb 22 2009, 09:34 PM']Don't want to put a damper on or anything but i bought the LG350 and was disappointed! I found that with my mag300 i had the input volume on half and the output volume on half, but twith the LG350 i found i had to have the input volume on full and the output volume on just over three quaters to get the same volume out of my cab! so i returned it and bought the LG1000 which is much louder!!!![/quote]

All info/ advice is always massively appreciated mate. I think another trip to sounds live is due......