Why become a member? ×

New bass tech in Glasgow! (about time as well)

7string

I'm really picky about who I send my basses to for any setups or modifications. When I lived in London, I used to go to Chris in The Bass Centre and then later to Martin & Co at The Gallery. When I moved from London to Glasgow, however, I had to look for someone else or wait until I went down to visit my parents down south to have jobs done.

I looked around for a tech but was put off either by a lack of knowledge or exorbitant pricing. I was so put off that I decided to learn to do my own setups and electronics maintenance at home. A few books and DVD's later and I'm not too bad at all, but there's a limit to what I can do. Which brings me to the subject of this post ;)

Woundstring Guitar Workshop has just opened up within the Reverb store in Jamaica Street, Glasgow, (the shop that used to be called Sound Control) and is run by Patrick Wright. Pat's one of the first musicians I met when I moved up here and he's been in music retail for a number of years. I e-mailed Pat last week on another matter and found that he was opening up Woundstring; moving from retail to be an official tech. Pat's experience has been accumulated over a number of years alongside his music retail job and he is now taking in repairs/setups/modification work.

Woundstring can be contacted by e-mail on [email protected] or within Reverb on 0141 204 0322

I'm just glad I've now got a place to go if I need some work done. :P