Why become a member? ×

Cheapo replacement pup for Rickenfaker

phil_the_bassist

I'm having a mare with the 'Faker I sold, the buyer's sayin that the neck pup doesn't work (this is after she unsuccessfully tried to re-haggle the price and the postage down, after winning the bass, and the bass worked perfectly when I played it 30mins before packing it into its case) and I think it's a ploy to get some money back offa me.

SO, whats the cheapest neck pup for a faker? I just need some info so when she says it'll cost £200 to repair I can laugh in her face and tell her to f*** off.

Kent armstrong ric neck toaster. Bought one to put in my replica build.
[url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Replacement_%22Toaster%22_Pickup_Front_SRK1F"]http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Replaceme...kup_Front_SRK1F[/url]

Note: ric basses use9d) same neck pups for guitar and bass. Interchangeable. Even though its 6-pole. Quirky lot, adds character, apparently.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='413811' date='Feb 19 2009, 12:47 AM']Sounds like she doesn't want a rickenfaker, just get it back and sell it again, otherwise she'll be more hassle than its worth. Then report her. Watch all the items she puts for sale and report them too. Then go round her house and piss on her door handles, you have her address.[/quote]
...yes, yes and a thousand times, yes!

If I hadn't already been stung for £60 of pay/bay fees I would be doin that right now!

She said she wanted EUR150 for a replacement p'up (aka a full-on Ric part) and other such ridiculous marked-up prices for various (supposed) issues, which was quite infuriating, but it has now all been resolved and everyone's happy (I f***ing hope!!).

But it's quite satisfying that I know her home address, her work address, her telephone number, her normal email, her paypal account email and her ebay username...just in case she kicks off again ;)