Why become a member? ×

My new Spector

Dan_Nailed

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='410508' date='Feb 15 2009, 11:01 PM']Worth checking the hole size but the 6.4mm ones may fit.

[url="http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/332"]http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/332[/url]

Peter[/quote]

They're almost band on 5mm with my tape measure...might order a few anyway, what's a millimeter among friends?

I have one of these babies in in the same colour (cherry burst) in a 4 string with gold hardware it plays like a dream on the Eden.
Amazing bass.
A pic of mine is below.
jazz

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='407222' date='Feb 12 2009, 01:50 AM']Will take some better pictures but arrived yesterday, it's fantastic:

The first Spector I played was an old NS5CRFM in Bass Centre Manchester back in 2002-ish. Ever since then I've started a love affair with the company and this is my third. Got it direct from US via my artist endorsement, as Spector don't have a UK distributor at the minute. Got stung on Import & VAT for £225 but due to endorsement worked out £750 cheaper than any other seller!

The action is unbelievably low, don't like the strings though. Needs a new battery, 18V mod, some D'Addario Pro Steels and the preamp removing (never use it) then it'll be perfect.

Next I'm after a NS-5XL - think I'll wait for the recession to ease before going for that one! ;)[/quote]

Edited by dunetune_jazz