Why become a member? ×

advice for repairing a Meatwad

burno70

I bought a Meatwad last year from Mario of RobotFactory. I noticed that it worked ok in the middle of a chain of effects but if it was on it's own or at the end it hummed really loudly. I also noticed an occasional loud pop when the pedal was engaged.

I emailed Mario who advised that it must have a fault with the ground wire and that it was using the ground of another pedal when it was in the middle of the chain but it can't do this when used on it's own or at the end. This wasn't so much of a problem as it sits in the middle of my pedal board anway and I used a looper pedal to babysit it so I wouldn't blow my speakers when it was engaged. Mario offered to repair it but that meant sending it back to the states, waiting for the repair and then redelivery, so I would probably be without it for about a month, which is a pain.

I'd like to repair the pedal now and rather not send it over to the states. How hard would this repair be for a novice like me? I've repaired my wah pedal and resoldered a new switch but that's about the extent of my electronic prowess at the minute.

If it's a tricky job does anyone know someone in the UK who could have a look at this for me?

Sorry for the long post.

• 2 weeks later...