Why become a member? ×

ANYONE HELP ID THIS BASS PLEASE ???

BIG.J

[attachment=19968:Ebay_Bass__31.jpg]Bought this bass recently from E@AY!

Hasn't arrived yet!

Bought as a Precision type project, It has the tall vintage styled tuning pegs and a single pickup!

I have an old set of Dimazio Precision type pickups from an old Ibanez with a tortishell pickguard which i was going to use!

Any help or info on this bass would be great, Nothing has popped up whilst searching the Net!

Will add better pics when i recieve the bass. Pic taken from add.

Cheers

Justin. ;)

Edited by xverminate

I was idly watching this one myself... 70s Japanese or possibly Korean - never heard of the brand but you see those big chrome TRCs on loads of Jap Fender copies from the era. Unusual to see it combined with full-size tuners, small cast-button ones are more common.

This also has a square chrome pickup, so you'll probably have some routing to do if you want to fit a conventional P pup. There will probably be 2 rows of poles on the pup, although these are single coil units, & usually pretty high output.

I can't really tell much more about it from that pic - post some good detailed ones when you get it, & we'll see what else can be deduced. ;)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='404648' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:59 PM']I was idly watching this one myself... 70s Japanese or possibly Korean - never heard of the brand but you see those big chrome TRCs on loads of Jap Fender copies from the era. Unusual to see it combined with full-size tuners, small cast-button ones are more common.

This also has a square chrome pickup, so you'll probably have some routing to do if you want to fit a conventional P pup. There will probably be 2 rows of poles on the pup, although these are single coil units, & usually pretty high output.

I can't really tell much more about it from that pic - post some good detailed ones when you get it, & we'll see what else can be deduced. :P

Jon.[/quote]

Thanks Jon!

I already have an old 70's P Body lying around which uses a similar setup including the chrome pickup!

Will have to see what it sounds like but should be easy enough to convert the pickup route etc!

I went for this bass having seen the tall tuning pegs, As you quoted they usually have dumpy little ones!

Will let you know what happens and post pics!

Cheers

Justin ;)