Why become a member? ×

Status Electro 5 string NOW SOLD
£880
West Berks J13 M4

deepbass5

My Gear Cull continues with My Status Electro bought on here from Tim in N.I. about 7 - 8 years ago

I have made some changes to suit my needs these are -  A John east pre-amp made to buffer between the Piezo and Mag pickup ( volume, blend, bass/treb' , para/ mid.) the original Status pre-amp will be included.

I have tried just about every nylon coated string available and settled on Labella clear wrap nylons currently installed. any black ones i have tried will be included. These strings involved changing the nut/string guide and now has a Yew string guide. The original machine heads would not take the larger string diameter of nylon wrap strings down the center hole so it now sports a set of new Hipshot's that do.

As you can see the bass is a great example with a fantastic quilted maple top, Body is Walnut, correction Mahogany, Rosewood board. There is some play ware but nothing major, a small swirl on back of neck but you cant feel it, also some button rash on the lower bottom edge at the back.  48mm nut width, 17mm string spacing at bridge, weight 8lb 3 oz

Prefer collection as I have no case or bag for this at present as it shares one with another bass depending on which gets the gig. UK only please sorry

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

IMG_3127.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

Edited by deepbass5
photo added and info added
  • Like 1