Why become a member? ×

off to the repair shop with ya!

Foster

Hello all, i was wondering why i hadn't been able to get onto the bassworld forum in a long time and i found out you moved! :huh:

Anyways, i bought an epi thunderbird off a forum member on bassworld in february - wonderfull bass it is, i loves it :huh: But playing it today and the strap came off, cue the neck diving to the floor with a loud thud :huh: Now there be slight cracks either side of the neck, gonna take it to the local repair clinic on tuesday :)

So, sorry to the guy i bought it off, i knows it was your pride and joy! And the moral of the story is - make sure you cover every hard surfacein your home with 16" thick sponge :huh:

[quote name='beerdragon' post='2953' date='May 20 2007, 04:44 PM']Nearly happen to me, Straplocks, that cured it :huh:[/quote]

curious thing was i use straplocks :S i think it must have been because i hadn't put them on right and i was holding the strap to stop the neck from diving as it usually does if i let go of the neck :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='2953' date='May 20 2007, 02:44 PM']Nearly happen to me, Straplocks, that cured it :)[/quote]
I have had 7 years of playing without dropping a bass, but with my new bass, with straplocks, I have had two near misses in two weeks, both due to my error in not pushing the pin fully in. I'm going back to my old way - strap onto strap button, plastic 'straplock' to hold it on.

YMMV!