Why become a member? ×

VT2 with a Bergantino IP112

babaseen

Looking for a warmer tube tone for my sound and have become interested in the DHA pedals. I'm considering the dual tube as it seems to have more overdrive capability. I was hoping that someone may have experience using the VT2 Dual Bass either as an overdrive pedal into a preamp (Acoustic 360 clone) or as the preamp right into the Bergantino IP112.
Thanks for any assistance.
Cheers,
--Tom

Edited by babaseen

[quote name='babaseen' post='401705' date='Feb 6 2009, 02:42 AM']Looking for a warmer tube tone for my sound and have become interested in the DHA pedals. I'm considering the dual tube as it seems to have more overdrive capability. I was hoping that someone may have experience using the VT2 Dual Bass either as an overdrive pedal into a preamp (Acoustic 360 clone) or as the preamp right into the Bergantino IP112.
Thanks for any assistance.
Cheers,
--Tom[/quote]

I make a rack mount version that has a balanced DI and active tone controls which is designed to drive a power amp.

The Dual pedal will work as well but you will need to switch the boost on and line out is not balanced. The VT1-EQ-Bass-Drive does have a DI as well as active tone controls but is only a single channel.

Lots of guys have used my pedals and rack mounts to drive amps so hopefully someone will also add a comment or two.

Dave

Thanks for the quick reply. If I can use the Dual pedal with the solid state preamp as just an overdrive pedal that would be just fine. I'm sure there a cheaper and smaller alternatives (I'm very much into small and lightweight these days) but I'm crazy about being able to swap values and make comparisons. My actual application is basically wanting to step on a pedal and get close to Felix Pappalardi's recorded tone (not his live tone) without having to use a Gibson bass with a Sunn stack. I'm thinking the VT2 is just what the doctor ordered!

Edited by babaseen