Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Warwick Thumb NT 91' *SOLD*

Stockholm Syndrome

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='398605' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:08 AM']No love for this bass? ;)[/quote]

Give it a bit of time. :P Also, there are a few 5 string Thumbs/Streamers knocking around the "For Sale" section, you could get in contact with those sellers perhaps....

The guy in the thread below is selling a Thumb V made in the same year as yours. Perhaps you could get him to hold it whilst you make a sale?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37358&hl=thumb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37358&hl=thumb[/url]

Great bass by the way, but as you can see I'm pretty well covered on the Thumb front!

Cheers-

Edited by rjb

[quote name='simondee' post='398711' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:09 AM']I would love another one of these but they're SOOOOOO HEAVY.[/quote]

It's stealth weight though - nobody expects a Thumb to weigh that much. Quite what the benefit is of having a surprisingly-heavy bass I'm not yet sure, but I will come up with something.

Brb.

Nice bass BTW, thread-starter-guy.

I have a couple of 4 string basses that are considerably heavier than my 90 NT. I've never thought the weight was an issue at all to be honest, maybe some are heavier than others?

Not a particularly helpful comment in the thread either methinks.

Great basses, especially the earlier ones like this.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='398944' date='Feb 3 2009, 02:09 PM']I have a couple of 4 string basses that are considerably heavier than my 90 NT. I've never thought the weight was an issue at all to be honest, maybe some are heavier than others?

Not a particularly helpful comment in the thread either methinks.

Great basses, especially the earlier ones like this.[/quote]

I didn't find my old thumb particularly heavy either. Bubinga is a heavy wood, but the small size of the Thumb body eliminates that as a problem (well for me at least).

Sexy bass btw! Played one of these earlier thumbs before, and they're brilliant basses! So have a free bump on me. ;)

[quote name='rjb' post='398618' date='Feb 3 2009, 10:23 AM']Give it a bit of time. ;) Also, there are a few 5 string Thumbs/Streamers knocking around the "For Sale" section, you could get in contact with those sellers perhaps....

The guy in the thread below is selling a Thumb V made in the same year as yours. Perhaps you could get him to hold it whilst you make a sale?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37358&hl=thumb"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37358&hl=thumb[/url]

Great bass by the way, but as you can see I'm pretty well covered on the Thumb front!

Cheers-[/quote]
Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with him. A Thumb 5 isn't my first choice, but if he would do a straight swap, I'd definitely consider it!

Sure, they are heavy basses, but compared to some old jazz basses, I don't see what the problem is. The playability is second to none. They practically play themselves. They are not so heavy that you can't stand it. I'm a tall, skinny guy, and I have no problem what so all playing it!

The sound is worth the weight!

EDIT: Sale price added!

Edited by Stockholm Syndrome

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='404153' date='Feb 9 2009, 12:44 PM']Jo, jag ska om ett litet tag, men de är så anti-Warwick där att jag vill vänta ett tag.

The bass comes with Schaller straplocks on a standard Ernie Ball strap.[/quote]

Förstår dig.
Lycka till med försäljningen!

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='403205' date='Feb 8 2009, 09:31 AM']They are not so heavy that you can't stand it. I'm a tall, skinny guy, and I have no problem what so all playing it![/quote]

I'm also a tall, skinny guy, and another thing I like about the Thumb bass is it's got a small body, so it doesn't look ridiculously huge on tall, skinny guys like a P-bass does! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...