Why become a member? ×

TC BQ250?

owenojo

Hi all,

Anyone own/ have any experience with the TC BQ250?

Situation: My real amp is an Ashdown ABM evo II 300 with a 2x12 cab, love it - but its a powerful beast and for practicing at home it sounds pretty bad turned down real low....I also have a Fender rumble 100 combo, which whilst nice and portable etc etc sounds pretty boxy and muddy to me regardless of how much I tweak it........so I only use it for carrying on the bus/train to jams, for that purpose it's fine.

....However I also own an Ashdown 2x10 "rootmaster" cab i picked up secondhand for about 40 quid, much more manageable at home -  but looking for a small lightweight head to go with it, would be nice to have spare for gigs, as well as something for home use with not so much fan noise as the ashdown etc etc

Also looking at the markbass blackline 250 and ampeg PF350 but those are a fair bit more cash for an "extra" head.

Cheers

Owen

Edited by owenojo

Hi Owen, I have this little amp. It is very cheap but it sounds okay. I use it at home, so I haven't really pushed it. But it sounds very clean, modern, but not "digital". I have not used it in our rehearsel room. furthermore, I am planning to use it for small gigs. For the bars we play in I use an Ashdown RM 500 with one 112 Hartke speaker. I will buy the TC BC208 to accompany the BQ250 in the future. I think, for the money, it is a no-brainer.

• Like 1