Why become a member? ×

Peavey Tour 700 problem?

Mr.Tango

Hi everyone,

I bought a Peavey Tour 700 two weeks ago after checking one out at my local music shop. At first I was just interested in the sound (of course) then the functionality then connectivity, all of which the Tour 700 passed hands down!

The problem started after I read the manual, yep sorry guys I read the manual first ;) Whilst looking through the manual I read about the Kosmos B Function, "wow" I thought, give me some of that. So I hooked up the cabs to the amp, tuned up and stated to have a play. It got to the point where I thought I would try out the Kosmos B button to see how it performed. At first it seemed to work great but then I noticed that after a single note was played I would get a kind of interference causing almost random sounds would be generated!

Has anyone got any advise on this issue please.

The Kosmos B is a sub harmonic generator? Was the single note you palyed a low one? Because it sounds like you are hearing the octaver fail to track, they are intended for keeping the low in when you play high stuff, rather than adding silly sub lows. If they can't decide on the low not, they might start trying to play octaves of harmonics of that note instead. You might find it tracks better if you roll the tone off and use the neck pickup.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input ;)

During rehearsals yesterday I did some tests and it would appear that you had it nailed. Low notes I was getting this effect, high notes were fine. I just wanted to chat with the local sperm whales you see :P

On another note, I was getting a very interesting effect whilst at the rehearsal yesterday, whilst playing a B note, not only did my vision stop working, the fluorescent lights in the studio would go out whilst the B was being played, then come back on with other notes :) awesome!

Stan_da_man, you are correct, a good choice of amp!

Thanks again guys.