Why become a member? ×

The Bass I am looking at on ebay has just cracked

ryanzepp

Hello all, The bass that I am looking at on ebay has just had a small crack in it. The guy was taking it up the stairs last night and hit it. He has said there shouldn't be a problem with it but I really dont know whether or not this will effect things. Could anyone please have a look at this link and let me know if it would still be ok. Thanks.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120366880732"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=120366880732[/url]

Ryan

Yeah, that was me.

I really dont know alot about double bass' and could do with all the help I can.

The guy said

"I've just had someone look at the bass, they said the crack is not a problem and the top is solid wood, hope that helps"

Did you see the pics, what do you think?

[quote name='ryanzepp' post='395299' date='Jan 30 2009, 12:01 PM']Yeah, that was me.

I really dont know alot about double bass' and could do with all the help I can.

The guy said

"I've just had someone look at the bass, they said the crack is not a problem and the top is solid wood, hope that helps"

Did you see the pics, what do you think?[/quote]
I just added a reply in the other thread ... however the auction has ended.